Friday, April 18, 2008

Another delightful rainy morning!

Dear Blogger,



Why do you log me out every time I close you on my work computer? I've been with you for several months now, and you never did it before, but today I've had to log on twice. I even ticked the "Remember me on this computer" box. What gives?



LYLAS,



genny





We have private, one-person bathrooms here at Hugh Stephens Library (I know, it rocks), and they are located at the end of a few of the "P" stacks, where all the "literature" genre is shelved according to the Library of Congress call number system (Shakespeare, plays, fiction, etc). Book titles catch my eye every once in awhile--who can pass a shelf of books without at least glancing at the spines?--and sometimes I think "Wow, Children's Literature Throughout History! Neat!" or "A biography on John Keats. Yawn." There are two reddish volumes with the same title, shelved at eye level right before the bathrooms, so I see them all the time. Today I noticed, for the first time, that it appeared they were titled The Best of Brutish Literature. Now, I know that logically they are actually titled The Best of BrItish Literature, but I also know that I will never be able to see anything but Brutish Literature ever again. It makes me laugh to think what these volumes might consist of if they were so named.

Perhaps:




P.S. I also don't believe the "Labels for this post" option would ever be something I'd participate in. I just don't think people want to search labels like "just another day at the library" or "misread titles."

Thank you.

3 comments:

Emily S. said...

I am amused at:
LYLAS

The idea of Literature For Brutes

the random observation that no one would EVER look for the specific label of "misread titles"

as always, u r funny.

Julina said...

I got here through your post on Elise's blog (how's that for random), but I also love your misread title (and your sample selection) and your "love note" to blogger...

I hope Blogger loves you back, and that you get that irritating "weekend" song out of your head :-)

Take care,

Julina

genevieve said...

Hi Juli!

Thanks for stopping by! It's nice to hear I'm not writing to hear myself ramble--you and Em are so good to comment. :)

I don't get to see you that often, and I enjoy catching up with what's going on with you through your comments on your various family members' blogs.
Hope your weekend's less gray than ours...

~genny