Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Let's go Outback tonight



So help me, but I love the Outback Steakhouse theme song that plays during commercial breaks on TheatreRadio. That's weird, right? Like, I love it sometimes more than "Lonely Goatherd."



I think I'll start a "Guilty Pleasures" sidebar. This will not include things like the Girls (both Golden and Gilmore), because there's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of in liking sassy Blanche or cranky Taylor. But maybe things like "Reba." Heinz mustard right out of the packet. "Laguna Beach" when it got bad (season 3, I'm looking at you). Turning on Noggin late at night for "Sabrina." "The Bachelor." My collection of Celebrity Touches and/or Encounters.


And maybe a "bad things" column! Ooh, that would be juicy. Emily already has some, and delighted in hearing of my aversion to sun-warmed clothes this weekend.
This may open up a whole new world, and reason for having one of these things. Whee!

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

I love Lonely Goatherd.

And the sidebars you have since concocted. Perfect Gennyishness.

(word verification is... "guhekgr". Say it fast with a midwest drawl and it sounds like a h.s. football team nickname for the dumb one warming the bench.)

genevieve said...

I love it too! But I always wondered how they got those cool, PERFECT puppets so quick. Not realistic.

Your guhekgr comment made me explode laughing. I dig how you discuss the verification...I chose that option because I'd seen spamming on other blogs and I would SIMPLY DIE if that happened to me.