Friday, April 4, 2008

Good mornin', good MOR-nin'!

I know, I know--another one? I think it began well because I went to bed with Neil, as opposed to hours later, at a little after ten. So when he woke me up a few minutes before seven, I didn't feel like death warmed over.


Why did he wake me up a little before seven, as opposed to the usual 7:00 arising, you ask?


Because he remembered that NKOTB were going to be on the Today Show. And he knew I was excited for it. I was astounded! What a terrific guy.


The morning was gray, and for awhile I wondered if the whole NKOTB thing was an April Fool's joke, because neither the guide nor the hosts were alluding to the appearance. I checked online, and everything seemed to be a go, and then finally, finally Meredith said "Coming up, a reunion of a famous boy band"--like, half the female population between the ages of 25 and 40 don't know what was coming? The crowd gathered had photos of them, and the photo NBC showed of just the boys' outline was clearly the new photo they released earlier this week of how they look now.


I had to get to work, but I put in a blank DVD and am recording the next two hours. This will also be helpful for when the inevitable "Oh crap, I forgot to watch/record it!" e-mails arrive. Another reason this is a good morning? Straight green lights to work. Sometimes, there ain't nothin' better.


Yesterday was also exciting because we settled on a wedding date: Saturday, October 18, 2008. Neil said he'd like to have it in Columbia, and I checked out Shelter Gardens' website which told me it was available, for small weddings, on weekends April through October. The kids know, Dad knows--now all that remains are the details. And as for that rain location Neil asked about?
How about.....




I've always loved it in there.

Dad even sounded excited about it this morning (I had to call him today, since he was too busy living it up with Tom last night at Booche's)--not that I expected him to be stoic, but I guess I figured guys wouldn't care one way or the other. But it's cute how both Joe and Dad have received the news with more enthusiasm than anyone. Neil practiced his altar-kiss on me the other night! Was that wrong, do you think?

I just thought of something I can do now! I will add the "wedding" part of my Franklin Planning Sheets to my planner and keep track of the details...yay!

And the Outback song is playing. What a morning!

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

now I'M giddy! This is going to be SO fun.

Yay for you!

("bigpryep"- word verification for the day)