Friday, April 11, 2008

Santa Monica Boulevard (We love it)

Joe put his photos in a Snapfish album, so I can cease the image-stealing for a post! (Unless stealing his counts...)


Plus, I remembered another thing:


Diagonal crosswalks. We only encountered it in Pasadena, but I guess it's pretty common.



I didn't do it--too scared. Lily and Dad ran across, and me and the boys stayed put. If I'd been prepared, I might have. But it felt so illegal! And I have ever been a proponent of crossing the street only when the lights tell me it's okay. (Ironically, I've committed some sort of crime by breaking my own promise a mere paragraph back, by stealing the above image.)

Anyway. Oh, so I finally have the marijuana shop sign!




That was a fun, fun night. We haven't all been on a vacation in two years, and it was great to do things again as a family, instead of split up here and there. It was a shame Neil wasn't a part of it, but it was such an easy trip that a repeat drive is entirely possible.


I insisted Joe capture this. It was kind of by the Roosevelt Hotel, I think. But I have no idea, really--when I don't drive in a city, I got no clue where we are. Joe's super at photographing things as we drive by them, and I am decidedly not.



I didn't see this, but I wish I had. It was put out for the trash men in Lily's neighborhood. Doesn't it look so sad and slumpy? Like "I did all I could for this family, and this is what they're doing to me. Rotten kids."




1 comment:

Emily S. said...

yeah-- the teddy bear made me laugh... You hit the nail on the head!

(word verification: "xluilrwb"... not much to work with here.)