Friday, April 11, 2008

I got the goods

For today/this week:

1. I got Heroes II to play on that old clunky Toshiba laptop of Mom's, and played an easy scenario today during Neil's nap and kicked ACE. It was so good. I chose the Sorceress, and got Phoenixes during the second week.

2. For the first time in awhile, I don't consider myself to have obligations: nothing to study for, pack for, prepare for, read before it's too late or overdue, no social functions to get ready for...it's been nice, every night, to have that breathing room. To decide "Yes, I can feasibly laze around all night and do nothing!", or to make the choice to get some stuff done around the house.

3. Seeing Joe's L.A. photos was an experience that put me right back there. He's so good.

4. I had a fun little chat with Emily this week--I treasure those little snatches of time, because I know how different her life is now and feel flattered that she fits me in even after a full day at work, when she's probably looking forward to nothing but cuddling with her boys and zoning out for the night.

5. The Cards are rocking this season. I like that they're giving the bird to those who predicted they'd be last right now. And Skip Schumaker is nice to look at, like a little brunette Beckham.

6. I found all of mine and Neil's old e-mails tonight, that I'd printed out way back when. We had a nice, smiley time reading them together.

7. Though scheduling and storms prevented a lot of swimming this week, I did begin going again, and found that the time slot I'm now adopting is actually much better than my old one--no Little Swimmers peeing all around me! I got my own lane for all 30 minutes on Wednesday. I also saw that they had water weights in the kickboard box, so maybe I won't have to buy my own!

8. Pudding Pops were on sale at Schnuck's for the first time in months...they are Neil's favorite! I like when he smiles all the time.

9. I finished a couple of DVDs this week to return.

10. You know how I like it best when other people make me sandwiches? Even very simple ones like a hot dog with mustard? Apparently, it's true even when ordering them--Neil picked up Subway for us on Thursday, and it was the best one I've had almost ever. So:

Someone else orders + Another person makes it= the perfect sandwich.

No comments: