Thursday, April 10, 2008

Snow in April

At least, that's the forecast for Saturday. Damnit, we're not in Iowa, people!

So I've given up on Mirror Mirror. I gave it almost 2 cds worth, and it hurts to quit after a quarter of the book has been read, but I was befuddled, and unentertained, through most of the past few days of listening, so I've moved on to the less cultured Lipstick Jungle, a risk-free venture. The thing with Mirror is that it's so, so infused with religious references and historical settings (two of my least favorite topics to read about) that it overpowers the fairy tale that's at the very, very back of the story. But one-fourth of the way through, and the only part of the Snow White story we've seen is that Bianca's father found this mirror. I'm sure it will pick up, so maybe I'll try it again someday in print. But I was really starting to dislike listening, and at that point, it isn't worth my time.

I think I'll begin Eclipse this weekend. I finally just broke down and ordered all three from Amazon in hardcover, so I won't have to wait for the endless DBRL queues anymore.

A little to-do for the next few days:

1. Prepare for tax-doing (print out 1040s) Unnecessary; Dad got 'em all.
2. Actual tax-doing with Dad
3. Finish "Frontier House"
4. Finish Spring TV EW
5. Call Grandma
6. Send check for Shelter wedding
7. Return DBRL items
8. Watch Monday's Hills
9. Watch Monday's Bachelor
10. Watch last Ugly Betty I missed
11. Mail SKM's cd?
12. Mail taxes!

[Onto the weekend...]

13. Get rid of some newspapers
14. Cut out more Magics
15. Try Heroes on Mom's old laptop
16. Storage solution for Oz items
17. Clear out some closet space for above
18. Do a little scrapbook organization (read books on it too)
19. Financials
20. Lowe's/WalMart (more cards)
21. Do more work on Neil's eBay poster
22. Re-watch "The Office"

I'm so glad we have a new Office tonight! I have missed them so. All but Andy.

No comments: