Friday, April 25, 2008

Drowsy.

"Drowsy"...such a perfect word. It looks drowsy. The 'd' seems tired, and the 'dr' drawwwls into the rest of the word, which just falls at your feet. You could say it asleep. The word makes me sleepy and kind of hot. Same with 'lull,' only that one's more pleasant.

Anyway. That's what I am. Alone at work, with a diet coke replacing my morning OJ/energy drink combo, wondering if I'll be in the mood to swim in 3.5 hours. The morning didn't begin that well--I was good yesterday, with exercise and diet, yet the scale didn't reflect it. Always a cruddy moment there. And soooo easy to fall off the Healthy Eating Wagon when it doesn't appear to be doing any good. What's the point of torturing yourself if you're not losing weight anyway? For me, it's another vicious cycle--I go on some kind of diet plan, and lose five or so pounds right away. Then it stops, even if I follow the same eating pattern I did from the beginning. I get discouraged and gain the weight back, only it's easier than it ever was when I was at that lower weight in the first place, because I dieted to get there. So I lose, then gain it back super-fast, and gain more besides that--even if my eating habits hadn't changed from what they were before the diet. It makes me never want to diet again, because it makes gaining faster when I fail (and I always do).

Ugh. I'm just down today. And I don't like diet coke. But I have to finish it, because I am soooo sleepy.

This weekend, I hope to accomplish the following:

1. Check Martha Graham DVD for closed-captioning
2. Finish Undeclared Netflix DVD (or 90210)...well, we finished the episodes and deleted scenes, anyway...
3. Finish Harrison Ford EW
4. Watch another Fry & Laurie episode
5. Watch The Office online
6. Read a library book, or at least half of one
7. Fill in wedding information Friday afternoon into planner
8. Work out with Bun Roller
9. Look at Figure magazine/Real Weddings
10. Finish taping at least one deck of cards
11. Finish clementines (2 left!)
12. Get crickets
13. Try to fit in swimming? (The prob. with weekend swimming is that I think there's only one hour of lap swim, Sundays at 11 a.m.)
14. Financials
15. Wrap Neil's fossil
16. Macy's/Lane Bryant for swim shorts & look at dresses
17. Look online for paper storage solutions/look @ scrap org. book

Hmm. All in all, not a terrific weekend. No good for dieting, no good for progress. Oh, well. At least I was social!

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

good point on the drowsy... me too. with noah dozing on my lap and joe asleep in bed for pre-work, i'm jealous and craving a nap o' me own.