Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Full and Lazy Day

...And yes, it snowed. I hate to think this is becoming a pattern.

1. I cleaned the kitchen So, So good. I even scrubbed the burner covers and wiped underneath them! I usually only do that when I'm moving out of a place.

2. Neil & I went to Lowe's, Wal-Mart, and CiCi's as an after-errand treat. As usual, it didn't disappoint. We also saw a wicked deep red washer/dryer with drawers underneath at Lowe's. Someday, someday...

3. Watched my Netflix DVD--probably the final one in the "As Time Goes By" series, a reunion special. I wanted it to be more behind-the-scenes-y, but it was just another episode, albeit two hours long. Still very nice.

4. I went through the top shelves of my closet and am getting rid of a bagful of clothes. That's always a satisfying trip to Goodwill--it's that much weight we won't have to move around again!

5. I spent a lot of time watching and playing with Sean today. I know he won't be this cute again, and in fact, I think grown-up beardies are sort of ugly. I mean, I know I'll always be able to see his cuteness, but he'll never be as bouncy and agile when he's bigger.

6. We re-watched "Superbad" tonight. That one kid is really good, and Michael Cera, as always, is squeal-worthy. And, as a bonus, we spotted Bill as a cokehead during Evan's "These Eyes" sing-along! I knew we'd probably see some "Freaks" alums.

7. Ems called today with such a great offer--her mama and sister Kirsti volunteered to play a string duet for our wedding! I was thinking about music, and how depressing it would be to have a little battery-operated stereo playing a cd...I'm so glad that won't be the case! Strings will be so beautiful in that outdoor setting, and I love that everyone involved in this will be people I already know.

8. Some kind of "Leave it to Beaver" marathon is on TV Land right now. I love the school episodes with Miss Landers the best. How many seasons did he have that chick for a teacher? It's like Mr. Feeny around here.

No comments: