Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday So Tired

1. Burned 3171 calories today! I want to get to the point of burning 3400 a day, so this is good progress.

2. Gap's Stay perfume, deep purple flower Betsey earrings (I LOVE HER SO HARD), silver and glass Lucky necklace, silver beaded stretch bracelet from ABC. And socks I got from a London gift shop that say THE JOY OF SOX on them. (Also, unfortunately, wedgie-prone underwear.)

3. I'm trying to wear my hair down more often. On days when I wash it, I always keep it down for as long as I can stand it. I know how unflattering a ponytail is on me.

4. While I appreciate that many shirts are adopting the 'tagless' thing, the tag most of them install on the side-hem instead COMPLETELY ruins that pleasure. It scratches at me all day in a really weird place, and I can't even remove it--as I used to be able to with the neck-band tag--because it's sewn into the same stitch as the seam and if you take it off all the way there's a hole in the shirt.

5. I used to like meetings, or at least not mind them. But we have so many that I just roll my eyes when we have one. This and last week, we had a meeting almost every day. I'm looking forward to losing myself in Pandora and cataloging today.

6. Pie is a yummy-sounding word, but I still can't stand most of them. No cooked fruit, pleez.

7. While I appreciate the beauty and [sometimes] smell of flowers, I think they are a complete waste of money. I'd rather have a gift card to Archivers. :) Plus, they're just going to die and get worse and worse from the second you receive them! No thank you.

8. I wish I could multi-task in the shower. I think I wouldn't hate them so much if I could do something else in there. I used a fancy mint shower gel this morning that awakens pores like nobody's bidness.

9. WHY WHY WHY are Ugg boots still being worn? They look so sweaty, and are so hideous. Can't this be finished, please?

10. Man, I am craaaaaaaving sweet things today. I need to stay satiated or I'll fall off the wagon HARD.

11. I want to work at DBRL again, but I don't think they'll hire me. I hope they give me another chance if a position opens up.

12. I like several of the contestants on Idol this year, but I'm not excited about the show anymore. It's a huge commitment, and I have so many other things to do with my time. That's not to say Neil and I won't watch an episode here and there...it's just not really a priority as it has been in years past. We caught the last half hour tonight, with blinding-white-smiley Paul, James the screamer, and weirdo Naima. I bet she's gone on Thursday.

13. I don't have a strong desire for a die-cutting machine, but if I ever do get one, I'd choose a Silhouette. No cartridges needed, baby.

14. I LOVE watching scrapbooking segments on HSN and DVR them if I can't catch them live. Also: digital scrapbooking is complete bullcrap.

15. Few things are less humorous than when people put word bubbles on photos and have the person say something that is never ever funny.

16. I know that the vast majority of scrapbookers have children, and naturally, their crafting is going to center largely on their kids. I just wish there were some scrappers I could get inspiration from that aren't always focusing on kids' stuff, because I can't really use that.

17. My hairdresser friended me on Facebook, which is cool--except her grammar and spelling are a disaster--I never knew this before. It's kind of making me not want to get my hair done with her anymore. Is that petty of me?

18. I don't know why everyone makes such a big deal out of bacon. It is too salty and fatty and chewy and burned. Good on Dad's BLTs, though.

19. Had a delicious brisket supper at Dad's, with Gilbert's MEAN margaritas and a game of spades, which my team lost. My favorite partner is Gil, and Lil's favorite partner is Dad, so except for the losing part, it was a good time.

No comments: