Sunday, March 20, 2011

Part 3 of 5!

41. I miss Pensacola, Right Now. It's an 80-degree day in March, and I'd like to wake up tomorrow and get my little short beach chair, a book, and flip-flops, and relax on that soft white sand alllllll dayyyyyy before going out to dinner with people I love best, and then back to the hotel for NCAA basketball and cards.

42. I don't hate Sunday nights as much as I used to, but they still suck.

43. I am on the verge of putting a bunch of stuff on eBay, and I'm dreading the stress of 'customer service.'

44. On the television now: our DVRed broadcast of College GameDay (Kirk Herbstreit, YUM) from October 23. It's good to see Columbia so green and spirited.

45. I can't even play video game golf. UGH. I hate sports where you have to have a gentle touch.

46. I think Ellen was the best Oscars host ever.

47. Baseboard dirt bothers me. But I always forget about cleaning it.

48. I judge people based on their scrapbook pages.

49. My boss, who used to be my biggest fan, isn't liking me these days. It sucks.

50. I adore my sister's boyfriend. He's gonna be an awesome brother-in-law.

51. I'm not sure what I'd do if I saw a stranger with a Grinnell shirt on. I hope I'd talk to them.

52. I can't decide if I would absolutely hate or love a cruise.

53. If I see Simon and Garfunkel and George Michael in concert, I will have completed my "Must See" collection. I've worked follow spot for Garfunkel, but that's like eating whey without the curds, amirite?

54. Speaking of collections, I collect Celebrity Touches. I don't have too many, because mostly I have to do it subtlely, and I'm shy. So I wasn't gonna attack Boy George with a hug or anything.

55. I work with two ladies who are kind of prudish and easily shocked, and me and my other two librarian colleagues entertain ourselves by suddenly saying dirty things in front of them. They ALWAYS turn red!

56. While I would PLOTZ if Neil and I moved somewhere nearer to an Archiver's and an IKEA, I know it would be dangerous financially. :)

57. I don't do jigsaw puzzles much anymore, but I miss them. Preferably neatly arranged groups of like/themed objects together on a neutral background. No photographic/realistic landscapes (animated is okay), no KITTENS, generally no flowers, no big hunk of solid-colored impossibility. Just a relaxing, 500 or 750 piece work of jigsaw perfection.

58. Speaking of animation...I pretty much dislike all animation meant for adult consumption. So, so, so stupid. I think Family Guy is the only show with any smarts, but that's probably because they do musicals all the time (and I don't watch it much, either). Simpsons is idiotic, and South Park is only good when they're skewering religion or during a Christmas special. And good lord don't get me started on King of the Hill.

59. It pisses me off that white-trash, down-home humor is becoming mainstream. And that NASCAR gets as much coverage on ESPN as March Madness these days. Acting dumb is never funny, and driving an effing car isn't athletic.

60. I'm all riled up now! Let's finish with something I like.
Pulling the curlies at the nape and sides of my neck, like I'm doing right this minute. It's comforting, slightly painful, and utterly satisfying. I can't believe there was a time when I had a tender head.

No comments: