Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bright-eyed; bushy-tailed

WOW! Eight hours of sleep! DAMN, I feel good today.

My doctor once told me to prioritize sleep over other healthful activities (like working out) because enough sleep is the key to everything. And of course, she's right...if I get five hours of sleep each weeknight (my average these days), I don't feel like doing *anything* the next day--including making an effort to put together healthy meals, which are, naturally, way more steps than popping a frozen pizza into the oven.

The problem is, I have severe night-owl tendencies, and I push and push that bedtime later every night...and I think, this week, it just all caught up to me. I'm sure I was genuinely a little ill, but I know part of that was my body telling me it needed to Rest.
__________


So, not a bad day, not a great day. My boss has really been getting touchy lately, and while it may be my imagination, much of it seems to be directed at yours truly. And added stress is so no good for keeping to a routine. Just another trigger...if I'm not happy in other areas of my life, I'll GET happy by eating good (read: BAD) stuff. I only really had one indulgence yesterday, but I can see that being a slippery slope for me.

I'm also making a lot of time for reading lately. In the last ten years or so, my reading habits have come in spurts--I'll be obsessed with one book after another for weeks, or else I won't feel like reading anything at all and even my Entertainment Weeklies get stacked up for two months. But Neil's taking the Reader Advisory class, one that I LOVED, and we decided to read the books together, so we have our own little book club. I'm currently finishing Room by Emma Donoghue, an absolutely riveting thriller told from the point of view of a kidnapped five-year-old boy.

I love loving books!

No comments: