Monday, March 21, 2011

Part 5 of 5!

81. My hair looks fabulous today.

82. I'm going to try and wear perfume every day this week. Today's is Juicy.

83. I don't know how to put on makeup or do hair. Or coordinate colors.

84. Unscented lotion is disgusting and disappointing.

85. Please don't ever play me music from someone who died young. I will never think of anything but their early death when I hear their songs, and it will make me really sad.

86. Know what else is disappointing? Gooey Butter Cookies from Schnucks. Sounds amazing, right? WRONG-O.

87. I have a shy cervix. So I'm told.

88. I sometimes think I bullshat my way through college.

89. I still get an electric thrill every time I see Rent. I hope it never stops.

90. My favorite Pandora stations are Cascada, Britney Spears, and Adam Lambert--all for desk-dancing purposes.

91. I pretend I recycle so people don't think I'm a bad person.

92. I had only ever heard Tia Carrere's "Ballroom Blitz" ("Wayne's World," party time, excellent), so it was simply a delight to hear Sweet's version on 105.5 Classic Rock this morning. Hilariously manic. Reminded me of Rocky Horror.

93. I asked maintenance to disable six sets of fluorescent lights above my cubicle so I wouldn't have to wear my sunglasses so much. Now my cube is lit by nearby fluorescents, a string of LED Christmas lights, and an Ott light in a lamp that I always forget to turn on. And I have indirect fluorescents under each of my two cabinets in case I need more.

94. I have thirteen 2011 calendars on display in my cube.

95. I'm on Reference duty today (3/22) and I hate it. Even if I don't get any questions. I hate knowing that at any moment, my flow could be interrupted by a high-maintenance, volatile, or annoying patron. While it wouldn't be a deal-breaker, my next job will Strongly Preferably be one with no reference involvement.

96. I want a golf cart when I am old.

97. I am stopping biting the skin around my fingernails right NOW.

98. I am so disheartened by Victoria Jackson. I can't believe I used to like her.

99. There's a reason I don't talk about politics. It's always unpleasant. But I had a great chat with Dad last week about mind-sets of Repubs vs. Dems, and I finally understand now...it's the Individual Good versus the Greater Good. I'm not saying either philosophy is wrong, but how are we as a nation EVER to come together with such opposing viewpoints? It's night and freaking day!
Whatever, I'm moving to Prince Edward Island to be surrounded by Anne Shirley.

100. With my pickiness, I'm surprised I was never grossed out by runny fried eggs. Maybe because Dad always knew exactly how to cook them so all of the whites were cooked. Runny whites are DISGUSTING! Like snot.

2 comments:

LilBear said...

87. That is cute.

88. As did everyone.

89. Me too.

90. And you judged me for Taylor Swift!?!!!

Julina said...

83-I'm w/ you on the makeup part of it - I did used to be able to French braid my hair before I cut it short

86-Thanks for the heads up on the cookies

87-I've read that that opinion is not unheard of among highly intelligent/capable women (called the "impostor/imposter phenomenon"-apparently you can spell it either way)

93-as an OT w/ (supposedly) expertise in sensory issues, this one intrigues me...

99-I'm moving next door when you get to PEI!

Have a good week!