Sunday, March 20, 2011

ONE HUNDRED! - part 1 of 5.

#100FactsAboutMe is trending on Twitter right now, and that made me think....could I even think of 100 facts about myself? Like....Interesting Facts?

Let's see. I'll do twenty at a time so it's not so imposing.

1. I used to bite my nails incessantly, and I'm mostly over that habit.

2. I only really like basketball when it's being played by the MU Tigers.

3. As much as I say I hate the sun, I'm liking it more every year.

4. I have a cross-stitch pattern of the Golden Girls I bought on Etsy months ago, that I'm dying to get started on.

5. I have a tumblr! It's mostly useless, but I like it. (http://grinnellian99.tumblr.com/)

6. I have a serious addiction to, and insane backlog of, magazines. These include (but are not limited to) Shape, Prevention, Real Simple, Creating Keepsakes, Entertainment Weekly, OK!, Reader's Digest, Time, Grinnell Magazine, Midwest Traveler, Woman's Day, All You, Good Housekeeping, and even older ones like Jane and Budget Living. I've slowwwwly beginning to let go of some, but it's hard when I find good stuff in EVERY ONE I READ!

7. I can't get a tattoo tomorrow on the 5-year anniversary of mama's death. I'm sad, but also relieved that I won't have to go through it just yet. It may be more appropriate anyway to get it on Mother's Day or New Year's Day.

8. I play old video games, like Civ2 and Heroes of Might and Magic, when the rare urge hits.

9. I am an organization junkie. And a convenience-gadget junkie. Most of the time when I get in the mood for a household purge session, I get rid of a lot of convenience gadgets. It's a cycle.

10. I am dying to find a good calendar for my Galaxy Tab, but haven't found one that has everything I want: a daily, weekly, monthly, and separate to-do lists.

11. I never wanted an e-reader, but I use the Kindle app on my Tab incessantly.

12. Our DVR is constantly at 95-99% full....because of me. I'm fascinated/motivated by weight-loss shows like Biggest Loser and Too Fat for 15 and Ruby and Dance Your Ass Off.

13. I think I might like people more than I like to think I do.

14. Up until recently, I would count all syllables in groups of five, making a five-point star with my fingers to count. It was mostly when I read, but also when people spoke. It was a major distraction. But I can count syllables like nobody's BUSINESS on that one Brain Age activity where they have you count syllables fast.

15. I love it when men can act silly.

16. I miss working on theatre hard-core. I miss Jesse. I miss American Folklore Theatre. I miss MRTC and CEC and Maplewood. But I don't think it's worth trying to get back into it.

17. I apply lip balm and lotion all day. I used to put in eye drops all day, too, but I've switched to glasses lately. When I was in Florida last month, I hardly applied any moisturizing aid at all. (MISS YOU LINZ.)

18. I want a good back scratcher for Home (I have one at work). But when you really need a back scratcher, they are really, really hard to find. REALLY HARD.

19. I hate Christian fiction, but adore cozy fiction. I wish there was a good cozy series (not mystery) that wasn't Christian or otherwise religiously affiliated.

20. Alanis Morissette's voice makes me depressed.

No comments: