Sunday, March 20, 2011

Part 2 of 5!

Those first twenty were kind of easy, but I had to step away and come back for the last few. I bet it's just gonna get tougher.

21. I really, really don't like movies that make me cry, when I feel like they're manipulating me to do so....when I feel the movie isn't worth my crying energy. So I don't mind crying at "Brokeback Mountain," because I think it's incredible. But when freaking "STEPMOM" makes me cry, I turn that damned thing off.

22. There's not a lot in life that's better than reading a book where you can't even turn the pages fast enough. Regardless of whether it's critically acclaimed...being engrossed in a novel like that is an incredible feeling.

23. I don't wear underwire.

24. I can't wear a nightgown with any sort of button, snap, zip, or other closure. Or anything that's more than one piece.

25. I wash my hair every other day, generally with a combo shampoo/conditioner unless my hair's colored. Yes, I know everyone says the combos are bad for your hair, but I don't put Anything Else on my head ever, so I figure it's an okay trade-off.

26. I can't believe anyone would prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate. It's a poor substitute. (And don't even get me STARTED on white chocolate. It sullies the NAME of chocolate.) Also, I like Hershey's best and I don't care who knows it!

27. My favorite cereal is Blueberry Muffin Tops. And Cracklin' Oat Bran.

28. I hold grudges for far, far, far too long. If you're reading this, I've probably unfairly held a grudge against you for something completely stupid. And I apologize. :)

29. No frozen pizza has ever tasted as good as the Red Baron slices sold for far too much money at the old Plaza Lanes skating rink snack bar when I was a young thing. Though Freschetta and Totino's come close.

30. I could never skate backwards though.

31. If I ever get the opportunity to live in or around NYC, I hope I never take it for granted.

32. I hate bowling, largely because I don't want a crowd of people looking at my butt in motion.

33. I'm tempted to do Couch to 5K. I want to see if I can.

34. I miss the Dancing units in gym class, despite the boys' sweaty hands and sometimes getting paired with someone I dislike.

35. In summer gym, we were often paired up and told to hold the person's feet while they did sit-ups. I got paired with a crush, and during one of his sit-ups he farted in my face. He felt terrible and apologized profusely, but the damage was done. I could never again look at him with anything but disgust. (Please note: if you ever fart in front of me, I won't be disgusted. This was just my 15-yr-old self.)

36. I wish I didn't get so jealous of everything.

37. I've just gotten rid of a bunch of books--either through selling or donating. It feels incredible to be finally getting control of them.

38. One of my favorite parts of nice weather is sitting on the front porch with Dad and any sundry kids at home, after dinner, while the boys enjoy a cigar.

39. Dick Cavett once smiled bemusedly at me.

40. I want to see "Twilight," finally. I resisted for a long time because I didn't want my experience with the book to be lessened, but now that it's all so ridiculous, everything is tainted anyway. I think it's all calming down a bit, and I can probably find it for free on one of our on-demand channels.



This is so stream-of-consciousness...one subject triggers another memory or fact in that same subject, and since I have 100 to do, I don't really 'cut' many.

No comments: