Friday, March 7, 2008

Yargle!

I have that icky headache from lying down too long--I thought I was over those! I've been all muddly in the head for over an hour now.

So I'm a bit grumpy tonight.

Luckily, this was a good day in all other ways, so I'm trying to focus on those elements. Work was busy busy, which made it go by fast, and there were no interruptions so I was actually able to get things done, for once. I went swim/walking this morning, and took a couple of floaty laps around the Lazy River after I put in the requisite 30 minutes, just enjoying myself in the water. The brutal wind outside wasn't nice against my wet swimsuit, though.

I went home after work, and not 15 minutes later, dear Neil came home an hour early! He took a nap while I finished the Friday NYTX (got lots of help, but it actually was probably my best Friday in terms of non-helped answers), so we went on our errands before it got too late. By some stroke of luck, New Moon came in today at DBRL, and I simply couldn't wait until this weekend to pick it up, so we stopped by on the way to Sam's and I grabbed it up. Then we dashed into Lowe's to get suet (we've been out, so no birds lately), to Sam's to get a few things, and then to Culver's to spend Amanda's gift card she used to buy into the Oscars pool.

After dinner (I think it's so cute how Neil likes his fast food plated. It gives it a classier quality) we put in "Bourne Identity," which though a bit confusing, as all action movies are to me, went by in a flash.

It was, for the most part, a good day and a great evening--I love getting the weekend off to a good start. But I can't keep myself from being disappointed on the friend front--for more reasons than the aforementioned. My mom had so many friends, her funeral was S.R.O., and it makes me sad that even if I had the resources for a big wedding, my side would be woefully sparse. I see Em's list of friends--and even then, only friends who have blogs--and I know I have never had that many. I'm not saying that I want a huge circle of friends and a buzzing social life. I don't even like to talk on the phone, so keeping up with everyone would be against my nature...I guess I like my social life as it is, pretty much. But there are definitely times when I wonder why I'm not the sort of person that people want to befriend, and why I myself don't have the instincts that enjoy making new friends and expanding outside my horizons.


Damn. I'm sad.



To-dos this weekend:

Begin purging files
Finish 1st 1940s House episode

Pay bills/sort out financials
Get out steamer & try it out on clothes
Finish Oscars EW
Read a few Trib sections
Install suets
Begin next book: New Moon or Lobster

Yee-haw! Productive weekend!

No comments: