Sunday, March 2, 2008

The hated Sunday night

There have been only select few times in my life where Sunday evenings don't suck: those summers working/interning at professional theatre companies where Sundays mean a matinee to get through and then nothing again until Tuesday, since Mondays are always dark.

This is not one of those times.

Even with a pretty relaxing schedule, a low-stress job, no work to take home, and a glorious fiance to snuggle with, Sundays never seem to lose their dreadful nature. I always mean to make a fun plan for every Sunday night--have a nice dinner out, play games with the fam, meet up with friends, etc., but nothing works.

Today was another fabulously-weathered day, with 73-degree temps, sunshine, birds a-flutter and the day stretched in front of me like an endless sea. Then, it became 3:00. Then 4:30. Then 6:00...now it's 7:30, and I'm listlessly restless, tired after putting together the sonuvabitch file cabinet and realizing it's dark outside and I never even set my foot out there past the balcony. And it's covered in birdie poop.

Last year around this time, Sunday evenings were even worse because it meant the end of a weekend with Neil. I can't believe I used to do this, but I'd sleep there, wake up at about 5:00 Monday morning, drive back to Columbia from Springfield, and take a nap before I had to be at work at 1:00. I think that deep, very very deep down, I *may* be a morning person. I know that in Shakespeare class, I'd understand those awful history plays much better when I put off reading the assigned acts until the morning before class. I just wish my body would recognize this, and catch up with my morning-person brain.

Unfortunately I didn't do as much reading as I wanted, though I picked up Specials every chance I got to read. I can't say this weekend was a waste, or lazy--I think I just go into weekends assuming I'll work my butt off every hour and forget that I mostly just like to sleep in or
laze around.

Anyway. It's a new week tomorrow...we're fully into March, Daddy's birthday is Monday, and I think we're getting a bearded dragon in two weeks' time. Yay! (Warning: "It's" alert...)

Good things to think about today:
1. My fingernails are fairly even--not long enough to be annoying, and not to the quick
2. I dusted today! Swiffer dusters are unbeatable.
3. Someday, I think I can separate our books into colors, and different shelves around the house will be filled with the same color range
4. Our financials, for the moment, are okay
5. The color of our new file cabinet uncannily matches the dining-room furniture that it sits near

No comments: