Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Annoyings

My feelings are changing about a few people around me, in good ways and bad (unfortunately, mostly bad). So I wonder: when that realization sets in, that you maybe don't like someone so much who you previously had liked, is it too late? Are they forever lost? Because certainly feelings can change the opposite way, i.e. thinking you don't like a person from the start, then realizing later how great they are. But when you've been disillusioned, can you ever go back? Is it negative of me to think that I can't? It's not like I'm happy about this revelation--I'd love to go back to looking forward to seeing B., having a friendship with S., etc. But especially in a couple situations, I can't avoid this person due to work/family/friend obligations. So wouldn't it be great if I could knock some sense into myself and say "Okay, self, I know you don't like her"--and yes, it's pretty much always a her; boys are much easier to get along with--"but you have to deal with her a lot, so get over it and see her good side"? I never did with D. last year, I think because I knew my acquaintanceship with her had a deadline, and now all that's left is bitterness, residual jealousy, and a wholehearted wish to never see her again.

(P.S.--dear reader, this specific person isn't you! The specific person I'm thinking of wouldn't ever read this.)

When I'm reading Harlequins, it is a major issue for me if the to-be-lovers ever find one another "irritating" (before they get together, in the requisite we-don't-like-each-other/Oh-good-lord-I-love-her realization), because for me, "irritating" is it. Once I find someone irritating, they are forever pretty much unappealing.

Anyway. I went swimming today, had a fruit shot, OJ, vinegar, the works! (Except leftover pizza for lunch. Oh well.) Neil came home when I was leaving again for work, and it was cute seeing him in the middle of the day. The boys are on "Idol" tonight--always the most entertaining night.

I've been nearly completing NYTX lately, maybe with a few squares of help from Google, but really just so I learn more answers to put in my already-stuffed head. That kid Tyler won the tourney again this year; shouldn't he step aside some time and let others win it? Isn't he like 23? Should the title be monopolized for the next 70 years?

Daylight Savings Time is this weekend. There is nothing good about this one. Why can't the good one be now--the fall time is already perfect; we don't need an extra hour of sleep. We need one *now*.

My to-dos for the week/end include:
-Finish Oscars EW
-Get a good start on "Twilight"
-Either get a start on "The 1940s House" DVD or finish "Chef!" DVD
-Finish Anne DVD
-Eliminate a few Trib sections (I've about given up on completely reading the pile in a certain amount of time)
-Swim every weekday (W, Th, F left)
-Complete every NYTXword, even with help
-Begin going through files to put in new pretty cabinet

Okay, I'll stop before I think of new ones and make this list absolutely, instead of nearly, impossible.

No comments: