Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A nice little Hump Day

It got to almost 80 today, and I was psyched to give the Merrills and Charms Suckers socks a half-day off and switch to my Orange tweedy zories after swimming. I know the flip-flop weather won't stay long, but it was so wonderful to feel my toesies get some outside air after being cooped up in Socktown all winter. I even got my own lap for 12 minutes of my workout, so I only had to dodge the kiddies in their inner tubes for half the normal time.

Neil was home early, and we rested awhile before he went running and I tried sleeping more. I couldn't, but maybe that will make me go to bed earlier tonight.

I finished my new Organize magazine this morning and am excited all over about organizing, clearing out, and reading my Real Simples...so I went through some Oz stuff and stowed it in temporary holding places to get it ready to post on eBay when I get back from L.A.



NYTX sucked for Thursday. It was what they call a rebus one (though nothing like what I knew as a rebus), where more than one letter goes in certain boxes. I figured that must be it, but they don't make it easy to solve in competition mode and I was finally so frustrated that I gave up.


I got a note from Sarah JC, which brightened me up a bit, but Neil noticed I was still sad. It's similar to having trouble in a romantic relationship, in a way--and I'm starting to realize I may have been in this alone for longer than I thought. Okay, "alone" is dramatic. But unfortunately I don't see myself getting over this easily. Damn my own grudges.

On the bright side, David Hernandez was surprisingly kicked off Idol tonight--just moments after I realized he reminded me of Doofus Nathan. Which reminds me--I have a hold book to pick up!

I have enough time tonight for Chef! and New Moon, while importing my loaned books-on-CD to iTunes so Neil can put them on his old iPod for me for the trip. This was a big thing on my to-do list so it's nice to get it done so early.

No comments: