Monday, April 18, 2011

Back-to-reality Monday

1. Burned 3860 C (a new record!)...and my weight this morning completely reflected a gluttonous StL weekend.

2. I'm listening to a short-story collection during my commute, and this morning was a story called "Full Count." The title made me smile because I *love* full counts [in baseball], and about halfway through, the heroine describes how much she loves them too. And for most of the same reasons I do. Kindred spirit alert!

3. Alpine Bell perfume, Betsey earrings of little rubber duckies, multicolored beaded necklace from Hong's ($1.99! Score!).

4. I had a fantastic weekend...nice big hotel suite, Taxicab Confessions (How can you go to sleep when that's on?? Riveting!), yummy yummy food, cheap costume jewelry, Container Store madness, World Market, Emily-and-Noah-Time, and most importantly, meeting pretty miss Lucy Charlotte. Such a tiny little nugget. When I'm with my friends' babies, I just somehow can't believe that my dears MADE that kid. I mean....I make things, like deviled eggs and Altoid tin wedding invites and a coupon binder. But a little perfect child? Whoa.

5. I'm afraid I'm playing again. Computer games, that is. FB got a Hidden Object multiplayer game and it is AWE. SUM. It's a game I'd play online anyway, so it's not a total waste. But still--I need to not let this get out of control.

6. I've been frustrated with my jewelry organization, and did some fruitless searching for a hanging earring organizer (after purchasing a metal bulletin board at Container Store for my necklaces over the weekend). All I found were $50 displays that didn't hold many earrings. Then I thought--'what about a framed piece of mesh screen?' and got to work. I nailed Sean's cage cover to my closet wall, and begun hanging. I LOVE it. All my wire earrings are displayed in one spot, with plenty of room left over for new acquisitions, and there's still room below the screen for the necklace board.

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

randomly, 5 days later, I love this post. Love that you made your mesh hanger... Love that you love Lucy and Noah... Loved having you here. Yer basically my favorite.

Love, me