Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 9

Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.

I would have a LOT more names in this entry if it weren't for Facebook. In fact, I think I'll include a follow-up to this:

Day 09, part two --> Someone who had drifted, but who you got back.

Part One: My friends from TGIFriday's in Chicago, and from Pickles in Champaign. I'm not in touch with a single one of them, and I had such fun there. We didn't go to school together or have any other connections really, and I left both positions on weird terms. But if FB had existed in either case, I have no doubt we'd all still be in touch. I'm lucky that my closest friends from NYU are on Facebook with me (Hi Kat! Hi Marissa! Hi Katie! Hi Whitney! Hi Kelly! Hi Josh! Hi Lauren!), because for awhile, I'd almost lost them too, despite mutual efforts to communicate post-2001.

Part Two: Hands down, Lindsay and Shannon. Old and great friends, whose original friendship I was instrumental in ending. But you both made the effort to be friends again, and I can honestly never....ever...EVER thank you enough. I made horrible choices and mistakes as a young Gen, and you've both looked past that to love me unconditionally. I wish I could see you both a lot more than I do (and I wish you could know each other--you guys are so awesome), but for now long-distance friendships will have to do. And I ain't losing you ever again...k?



.

2 comments:

LilBear said...

Oh honey, I don't know what I'd do withoutcha. I will never ever stop saying how glad I am that we reconnected and how much I missed you during the years we were out of touch. You "get me" in a way that almost no one else on earth does, and even though you are too far away you are my dearest friend.

Shannon said...

Love you my darling Gen. Please know that I will always hunt you back down and demand one more chance. My life is a million times better wtih you in it.