Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 8

Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.

I could go the obvious route here with my college boyfriend, but I kinda just want to forget that ever happened.

As I think about my answer, I'm realizing just how many awesome, awesome people I've had the pleasure to know. There aren't many that stand out as jerks, even though I completely misjudge people all the time to be meaner than they really are. And as I get older, I appreciate people a lot more than I ever did. Answering this question ten or fifteen years ago would have been SO much easier than it is now!

I'm not going to do the 'made my life hell' option. Someone who has treated me like shit....

The technical director at Arrow Rock Lyceum Theatre who made me cry during my job as carpenter. Ken? Kevin? Something with a K.

Michael Bollinger, who tried get me to quit Arrow Rock after I broke my thumb on the job.

My boss at my first 'real' job in Chicago, Greg. I wanted to go to his house and rip out his hair plugs while he slept.

The Gown House worker who I called asking if they had any wedding dresses I could try on...she snorted when I told her my size.

And, most recently, Lisa Stamm. I really don't want to hate people, but I hate her with all of my being. She was shitty to me, to my WONDERFUL co-workers and friends, and cut us off without a word. We were nothing but sweet and accommodating to her, and she was negative and mean throughout her tenure at Missouri State Library. Good riddance, Miss Thang.



Okay, that all kinda felt good.

:)

No comments: