Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 7

Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living.

No-brainer here.

I was at the lowest point of my life after Mom's death. I was almost desperate for happiness...I saw my sister with her growing relationship with Gilbert, and I was completely envious. I wanted that for me. I grew resentful of almost every couple I spent time with, in fact.

After a long several months, I slowly lifted my head. I wanted to get back in the game...but this time, it would be different. I was DONE with bad boys. Done with men who I thought I could change to be better. Done with the roller coaster.

I went back online, after about a year's hiatus. I tailored my profiles to reflect what I was looking for. I didn't think I was ready for a husband quite yet...I just wanted to feel loved again. Or even LIKED again.

After a month or so of not getting anywhere, I decided to lay off. It was always in the back of my mind, but I didn't want to force anything. Plus, the Cards were in the Series playoffs, and I had no time for dating. I was due at Dad's house every night before seven so we could watch TV intensely, darn it!

Then one day, I got two messages from my dating website. The first was from 9Inches4U...and the message was just as charming as that name.

The second was from this beautiful man, and this was his profile picture (minus the snake):


That message marked the beginning of a new life for me.



Neil Christian Dazet, you make my life worth living.

No comments: