Friday, February 29, 2008

Weekenderie

I hereby declare that I am going to make this weekend a productive one. I realize that I do this a lot (and it never really pans out), but by getting off earlier today and having the house to myself for the afternoon, I believe I can get some chores done before Neil gets home; I can't resist snuggling with him even with a list of to-dos a mile long. So--help me, online journal. My goals are here in black and white (Or, I guess, gray-green and black), and crossing things off a list is totally satisfying. Or, turning them a different color. Okay, self? (Okay!)

Goals:
  • Fill new frames with postcards
  • Finish Specials
  • Eliminate newspaper pile
  • Vacuum
  • Read Feb. 29 EW
  • Finish "Chef!" DVD
  • Open steamer & try it out
  • Make 'major goals' sidebar element
  • Work out financials & tally receipts (and pay any incoming bills)
  • Arrange DVDs by color...that's been bugging me
  • Put together & install new file cabinet
  • Start going through & purging old files to relocate!
As part of clean-up, here's some notes I scribbled down with the intent of recording them somewhere:
  • I am smitten with Caravaggio's "Victorious Love"
  • To estimate one's caloric needs, take your weight in pounds and multiply it by 12.
  • A nice passage, p.3, Fourth Comings: "Dumbly thumbing messages short on characters and character..."
  • And a nice quote from Whitman: "What is that you express in your eyes? It seems to me more than all the words I have read in my life." It reminds me of Neil and his joyous twinkly eyes.
  • My Sprint contract expires on Dec. 22, 2008. AT&T, here I come! (Although I will admit that Sprint customer service wasn't horrific when I called the other day.)
  • Soundtracks & songs to find/download/XTorrent: Jesus He Knows Me (Genesis); Sarah Brown Eyes (Ragtime); Merrily We Roll Along OBC; GoodTimeNation(Behind Me Day); The Boyfriend; Wedding Singer OBC; You Give Love a Bad Name (Blake Lewis performance); tick tick...BOOM
  • Links to find: Rock of Love TwoP forums (elimination teasers); Clay Aiken youtube on Idol; Research Alli costs vs. Sam's; When Specials is finished, look up significance of names, if any; Go to "Links" e-mail for the rest

No comments: