Saturday, February 23, 2008

A long week, over.

I guess I figured today's workday would be tough: 7 hours straight cataloging, no time for a swim break, and still nursing this wretched cold.
Well, it was definitely no picnic (I don't really like picnics...all that sun, and all those ants? Igh. I'll amend this statement)--okay, it was definitely no yoga-on-the-balcony-in-perfect-68 -degree-weather-under-the-sky-as-it-looks- just-before-a-storm, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My boss had a ton of meetings, and I took frequent breaks to journal and e-mail, while still getting a lot of the cart done. Since she kept saying I should go home if I was sick, I challenged myself to stick it out in order to make up the hours. So 4:30 wasn't so long coming.

Other good things about the day:

Taco Bell with my Neil. We also stopped by Schnuck's to get milk, icing, and various flavoring extracts.

Nice visit with papa on the way home from work. He's doing so much with the house--now he's totally re-doing the living room.

Cute e-mail from SarahB wishing me a happy Oscar weekend. She knows me so well. I'm lucky to have such a sweet person in my life.

Watched the super-informative and interesting filmmaker commentary for King of Kong (it made me mad at Billy Mitchell all over again, but I can't help but feel GREAT that America is now attacking him after the film's release despite his claims that the story has a bunch of holes. Billy, dude, they can't fake the words that came out of your mouth).

Finished up the rest of the DVD after Neil Christian went to bed. I love finishing things!

Watched the third-to-last episode of "As Time Goes By" tonight too. I
want to make them last. But also, I think I'd just like to buy them. It's
such a perfect late-night show, not unlike "Golden Girls."

Also finished, during my lunch break at work, the EW I was working on and have begun the next-most recent, so I'm only one behind now.

I like that it is no longer at all a problem to drink my 8-glasses-equivalent jugs of water every day. I read in forums about how hard it is for people who were never water-drinkers, and while it did take me awhile to truly appreciate always having a bottle of water on hand, I'm glad I've come to the point where I really need it.

Off to read a few more sections of old newspapers. By the end of the weekend, that bag will be empty.
Other to-dos:
Finish currently-reading EW
Shop at Sam's
Buy file cabinet for dining area
Pick up held books at DBRL
Go to Goody's, maybe (JC)
Watch STLCards DBRL DVD
Hang up red heart
Linens n Things for Dad's gift
Take back supplies to Dad's
Replace light bulb in track lighting & see if we have halogen bulb for kooky light

{I'll gray 'em out as they get done.}

No comments: