Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Squeal.

Oh, David.
Damn you, American Idol! Damn you, soulful version of "Imagine"! Damn you, Paula, and your runny nose, which indicated to me that it was okay to be brought to tears by a televised performance starring a 17-year-old.
I feel like there's not even a competition now. At least they made him go last. When they recapped the other performers, several of whom I thought did fairly well, I was all, "Amateurs."

Michael Johns didn't do that well, I thought, but his votes will come in for his past performances rather than for tonight's. Jason Castro will make it in part due to a completely endearing intro where he says he's no good at interviews, and several dozens of takes prove his statement. Luke Menard was the surprise of the night...a guy I didn't care for at all last week, and was sure would get the boot. He sung Killer Queen, in his gorge-o a cappella-trained voice, and his falsetto was beautiful. I was able to vote for him, lots, very easily, so I fear for his life. David Cook was a sexpot strumming his electric guitar during "All Right Now," but the best part of his performance was his admission during his "tape" (as Simon referred to it) that he's a Word Nerd who loves crossword puzzles and big words. Neil asked if I might leave him for David, but I assured him I'd never leave the best person on Earth.
Then, after a fairly decent evening, fracking David Archuleta steps in to steal the show. Simon said something like "There are 19 very miserable contestants tonight," and I do hope he's right. It just wasn't even fair.

So, wow. That was terrific. Tomorrow will be fine, I'm sure, but whatever.

I worked a short day again today...I left at 1:30, stopped at Gerbes for Dijon mustard (for pierogie sauce) and Totino's for another Feast Night sometime soon, and went home to watch the final 90210 ep on the DVD ("Anaconda"--James Pickens jr. at his hottest!) and take a nap before Neil got home. I also downloaded about eleven more hidden object games, but this will be the last batch, since Neil has downloaded Leopard from work, and Windows is next!

Off to work on Wednesday's NYTX (but I think I'll pee first). It's been a good week for these.

No comments: