Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm tired. Is this the best time for a first post?

I'm really trying to do the NYT crossword every day now. At least stab at it for awhile, make it worth the whopping $39.95 a year it takes from our debt-repayment plan. And YESTERDAY'S was truly a disappointment. Mondays, in NYT-Xword land, generally come as a relief. (And, to clarify, I usually do every day's puzzle the night before the actual day. It confuses my poor Neil.)

You probably didn't dent Friday's or Saturday's, maybe made a few strides on the difficult Sunday, even using Google when possible. But Mondays are a breeze. Not so easy as those boringly simple 5x8 "FUN N EASY CROSSWORDS" books you see on the racks at Gerbes, but for a clever puzzle, you know it'll be a good time.

Not Monday, February 18. Yuck. I won't bore with the details (Rex does all that, in spades), but man. I'll do Tuesday before an early bedtime and hope it brings more satisfaction.

Five things I like about today:
1. Dancing to "Long Road to Ruin" and "Gone Gone Gone" before Neil got home
2. Vermonty Python Ben & Jerry's, especially those gobs of chocolately cookie crumbles
3. Seeing Lars Ulrich's and James Hetfield's cute little kids in a work-assigned documentary I had to skim
4. Neil in a smiley mood before bed
5. Reading Pretties with aforementioned fiance in companionable silence before he retired for the night
*bonus likes*
6. How this thing autosaves all the dang time
7. Neil in his cute gray half-zip sweater, home from work
8. Roger's belated Valentine's message
9. The way the mail splits into two do-able shifts on no-mail Mondays. Tomorrow I'll get the other half of the bulk.

Three things that bug me:
1. February's slow, gray drag
2. How they treated Steve Weibe (who is totally Steve Weddle) in "King of Kong"
3. The lasagna was bland tonight (you won't be purchased again, On-Cor, no matter how cheap-per-serving you were)

No comments: