Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mamma Mia!


Oh, how lovely to plug in TheatreRadio and be hit by two "Mamma Mia" songs in the first three numbers! Even when it's "Thank you for the Music"...somehow, in the show context, it doesn't bug me as much as on Abba Gold. Maybe because the lead's voice is totally cute. (Of course, they've been interspersed with "Miss Saigon" songs, which can go straight to hell, but whatevs. "I'm gonna buy you a girl"/"You can buy me a beer."--what a pussy! "But I know, I have a heart like the sea/A million dreams are in me/Jesus, John, who is she?"...Who SAYS that?? This song is completely going to be in my head all damned day.)
I found a site this morning that totally stole my idea, The Book Spoiler. I've yet to spend much time on it, but as far as I can tell so far, it spoils only current bestsellers. However, I don't see a browsing option, nor too many books that have been recapped--yet it seems the site gets a lot of traffic. I don't like how The Movie Spoiler is laid out, either, so maybe it's navigable and I just need to find out how. Nope...49 books recapped. Give me a break.
Since I'm already drinking an odd concoction these mornings, I decided to up the ante this AM and added apple cider vinegar to my OJ/energy drink Bengals cup. It gave the whole thing a nice tart taste, that any normal human being might find too much for 9:00 in the morning, but that I really dug. I believe this shall continue.
I've been practicing my duet with Steve, "Sarah Brown Eyes." I will be singing, naturally, Coalhouse. He doesn't know about it yet, but I think I'll bust it out during dinner one night when we go to LA. I was inspired by a Youtube video of an extremely awkward performance between a girl and her brother singing this very tune at her vocal recital. When they danced, it was like you could hear them saying "Right leg back. Left foot to left corner. Right foot meet left." And when they were finished and walked off, into the sunset I guess, toward the back of the stage, they had their arms around each other as the audience "roared." Then the brother took his arm off the sister but she was still in character, so she was still hugging him. Then when he figured out they weren't done yet, he put his arm around her but she'd taken hers off. It looked so stupid.
I remember being in about 8th grade and telling Dad I knew I'd gotten older because snow was more an annoyance than fun stuff to play in. I thought that was totally deep. Now I'm just cranky about it. Why am I living in a place where I hate the weather over 6 months of the year? Is there a place where it's eternally autumn? When people say they're entering "the autumn of life," I can't imagine that would be a bad thing.
Shelly stopped by and we had a "These kids today, no work ethic" conversation. Is it true that they're getting worse, or were we just as bad? I don't remember ever pulling a no-call no-show at so much as a work-study job.
I also just found out that The Office will have several shows starting at April's end. Yay! It's definitely a spring to look forward to. Which reminds me, I need to catch up on Ugly Betty. So many things to watch.
Oh, and I didn't snack last night after Neil went to bed! That was progress for me.
Goals for tonight/today:
  • Watch some DVD this afternoon during lunch--"Frontier House"? "Chef!"? "Dame Edna"?
  • Start Specials--finally.
  • Eat up some leftovers.
  • Open up/sort all mail.
  • Complete financials & receipt tally.

Goals by next week:

  • Vacuum house. My sheddy hairs are getting ridiculous.
  • Use lint roller on bathroom rugs.
  • Put together new file cabinet.
  • Catch up with EW reading (1.5 to go).
  • Finish reading pile of newspapers.
  • Get some frozen items from Dad's.
  • Go swimming.

No comments: