Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What to do, what to do.

1. Watch 5/11 Desperate & 5/12 Hills/Aftershow online
2. Watch more 90210 Netflix
3. Watch another Undeclared & commentary/deleted scenes for first ep
4. E-mail SarahM & AmyZ
5. Swim 4 times this week (Done: Tuesday, Wednesday)
6. Financials at end of week
7. Process tubs (# Done:)
8. Empty Star Clipper bag (finally!)
9. Finish Grey's EW & get a good start on Bush EW
10. Start Figure mag
11. Finish Notaro book:
Finished, finally. I've been slogging away at this one, We Thought You Would Be Prettier, forever. I started it well before Spring Break. I had always wanted to read Laurie Notaro (Autobiography of a Fat Bride; The Idiot Girls' Action Adventure Club) based on titles and cover artwork alone. But after reading this collection of short autobiographical vignettes....eh, not so much ever again. She's one of these authors who calls herself unassuming and undeserving of her fame and "published" status, but she also assumes anyone reading her later books has read her prior publications. I don't like that attitude; Stephen King has it, too, and I've only ever read two of his books. She tells us little inside jokes and how she's sure we're all waiting in line for her to autograph our copy of the book, and I resent being lumped into that category. I guess she thinks she's funny, too, but I was counting pages in every story willing for them to be finished. Notaro is not as entertaining or foulmouthed as she likes to believe, and I bet this collection never would have been published had she not found success already. I should have stopped reading it long ago.
12. Menu:
-->Boca burgers & Potatoes o'brien (Tuesday?)
-->Chicken Helper
-->Skillet Bertolli meal
-->Radiatore pasta w/ pouch sauce/garlic biscuits
13. Sam's trip
14. Tape card decks (# Done: 4)
15. Order Igigi dresses? (Just to have something...)
16. Work on cutting out NYTX for Dad (& print more Chronicles)

Whee! I just finished the Tuesday NYTX in under 7 minutes! This wasn't really a goal of mine, but I was excited to find it came so smoothly.

No comments: