Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Nice, Nothing Weekend

I don't feel I did much. Although, I really did.

I guess I just feel lazy, and am getting things done in such a leisurely fashion that it seems like a non-productive weekend.

Neil & I worked out this morning, for the first time ever together! I showed him the Lazy River (and he seriously jogged through it. Sigh. I can never never go that fast) and he showed me how to do the Butterfly stroke--they were just beginning to teach it when I stopped taking lessons. We went to get more rocks for our reptiles' aquariums, and then home for naps (him) and 90210 eps (me). I'm worried about getting to the episode where that dorky friend of David's kills himself. I'm always scanning the intro credits (which lists the guest stars) to see if Doug Emerson is there. There was an ep from the 1st season, that I'd never seen, with Chandler Bing as a kid who wanted to kill his Dad. I watched it at night while Neil slept and I was f-r-e-a-k-i-n-g out. Also, I always was pissed that Joe E. Tata never got a segment in the opening credits (where the screen says "Luke Perry" with shots of him tooling up in his motorcycle taking his helmet off all apparently 'sexy' or whatever, then a shot of him in the photography studio smiling as 'Luke Perry' instead of Dylan Walsh. You know. Just like, the credits) and Nat from the Peach Pit was always always a guest star. Even though he was in every episode. I think he eventually got a part in the official 'regulars' credits, but that was way, way after I stopped watching.

I'm going to Dad's in a few minutes to watch his student Joel in "Everybody Hates Chris" and for taco eating. I know they should be an easy meal, but for me that's too much cutting and too many plates and PLUS, you have to brown the meat!

The SATC girls are on the cover of EW this week, a movie I'm very excited for--except I've heard talk of it going to 'a dark place' and somebody dying, and holy hell do I not want that to happen. I think there were, like, three deaths in the entire run of the show (Miranda's mom, that guy who stood Miranda up because he was busy kicking the bucket, and that party girl from "3rd Rock" falling out the window--oh, and Charlotte's miscarriage...); why do they gotta bum down the movie with death? I don't go to movies to see sad things.

A few dresses are coming today (Monday, now)--the ones Lily approved from Igigi. I just feel good about having them so that just in case they look perfect, I have something, and in case they don't, they're returnable.

This weekend was also a time for decision-making and planning. June's going to be crazy. I go to a conference at the Lake on the 4th; the 5th is, of course, terribly important (I want Dansko shoes like Em's Utah BF Katie and dinner at the Jeff City winery, possibly with Sarah if she can make it); the 7th is Art in the Park, and we leave right after that to drive down to Springfield to see Ben, Candace, and Kristy for a couple days. Then we're back home for four days, and leave the next Saturday for Ohio--a 12-hour trip. We're staying in Poland, which Stacy says is nice. Mark is giving a talk about his addiction recovery at Paul's church, and we're surprising Meme & Papa with the visit...don't you love doing that? It makes the trip much less...well, awful, for me, since I really dislike road trips (but not as much as I hate flying).

(I never used to hate flying. I grew more and more annoyed at it after 9/11 and all the extra ridiculous security measures, and it seemed like any trip took a full day to get there with all the waiting, but I never feared it. But a year ago, I flew to England alone, and I was surprised at how terrified I was, particularly during the routine turbulence over Canada. Mom was always scared of it after air-traffic controlling and seeing the empty place on the hangar where an acquaintance's plane used to be, after it crashed, but I never was--it was like her fear became mine after she left us!)

Anyhoose, I'm really glad I'm not working in June with all this other stuff going on. We have our hotels booked, and Joe said he's happy to take care of Sean while we're gone, and the week after we get back, Lily will be here (and maybe Steve too)!

To-Dos for the week:
  • Finish a few more chapters of My Life in France
  • Finish 90210 Netflix
  • Watch Undeclared eps & extra features (Done: 2nd ep)
  • Work out at least four times (Done: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday)
  • Process tubs (Done:)
  • Watch Desperate (pts 1 & 2) & Bachelorette online
  • Tape card decks (Done: 1)
  • Grocery shop
  • Finish SATC EW
  • Get crickets
  • Start Figure mag/Organize
  • Begin wedding timeline
  • Eat up Dad's soup
  • Empty newspaper bag
  • Menu: Pasta/biscuits (or bread); Chicken sausages/salad; Boca & salmon burgers/Potatoes; Jambalaya/potatoes; Sloppy joes or Hamburger Helper w/ground turkey; Entree salad/jalapeno bread
  • Financials
  • TV set up (including cable) by Friday night
  • Cut out crosswords for Dad (or just get started) [Done: 4/18-5/9, Chronicle]
  • Read/Return 2 Stephens books this week (Wednesday & Thursday)

No comments: