Monday, May 19, 2008

The week's-beginning has changed.

I have been realizing more and more that although I still despise Sunday nights, the Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday segment of the week goes by super fast nowadays. Part of this has to do with the bulk of my favorite shows broadcasting during those days (Desperate Housewives, The Hills, Rock of Love, The Bachelor/ette, both Idols), but another, more cultured reason is that crosswords are easier in every publication earlier in the week. I dread the Friday/Saturday NYTX, but look so forward to the break of M-T-W puzzles that it trumps many of the bad beginning-of-the-week feelings.


Also, can I just say what awesome apartment maintenance people we have? It never fails that Neil will call to get something fixed, and by the time I get home four hours later, it's done with a note on our door saying what they fixed and how they did it. I really should bake them cookies or something, only I don't want to give them to the office, because the office people won't acknowledge that I live here, so THEY are not getting any cookies. Today, our A/C was dripping water and our bathroom switch was weirdly sensitive, and it was all taken care of when I lugged the groceries in.

I saved a whole bunch at Gerbes today--like well over $50.00. That's always super satisfying. I'm going to try and go with Neil to the ARC tonight, but I am soooo sleepy.....maybe I'll lay down in a few minutes and try to nap. But there are crosswords and Hidden Objects game just sitting here waiting to be done, so patiently!

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

maybe you should bake them cookies and freeze them, and then pull them out and put them on a plate on the bathroom/kitchen/whatever counter with a "love" note next time you need repair. Cookies freeze REALLY well.

'Cause you're right-- the office staff is LAME.