Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Suddenly Ugh.

The day has been slowly but steadily deteriorating...not on a major level, just little annoyances here and there. I am at least a smidgen annoyed at just about everyone I know, and it is an UGLY feeling. And a recent conversation just kind of finished it for me...made me want to throw up my hands in disgust and declare Friend Bankruptcy.


(Okay, not really.  But sometimes I think life would be easier with no one else to worry about other than family.)


I'm not getting sleep...AGAIN.  I got five hours on Saturday night, and about that much ever since.  That's definitely adding to the irritability too.  I'm not really eating lunch at work, leading to binge-y behavior at night, and even then, nothing sounds good--I just eat it.  Ugh ugh ugh.

I *have* been keeping to my semiformal "do at least one productive thing a night" resolution, though--dishes, chipboard-letter organization, cleaning. And, I'm happy to report that I'm finally super-enjoying Ramona and can't wait to get back to it.  I had to force myself to put "...and her Father" down last night so I could get those aforementioned five hours of sleep. (And yes, it bugs me that I've been using quotes for book titles.  I'd do italics, but it messes up the whole entry's formatting and I want to rip people's heads off then.  Someday I'll go back through and edit.  I think.)  If I weren't so tired at work today, and succumbed to a sub-desk nap at lunchtime, I would have probs finished that book right up.

A few lists for today, April 26-28:

What are your major goals in life?
I'll just address goals that I haven't achieved, since I have done a lot of things I set out to do, i.e. get married, finish grad school, find a career I love.
-Live in a location I absolutely love.  I thought at one point that it was Columbia, but it's not.
-I guess I'm supposed to put "Buy a house."  But while that would be nice on some levels, I'm not ready for the responsibility yet.  I don't want to have to fix a leaky roof or mow a lawn.  I like being taken care of by 24/7 maintenance!
-Be happy most of the time.

What are your biggest pet peeves?
I'll think of some new ones that may not be on this blog's sidebar. So, they're not my biggest.  I just have a lot of pet peeves.  IT'S CHARMING.
Pants that are too short. Ears that need q-tipping.  Weird laughs.  Stray scotch tape.  Those phone calls where you answer and say "Hello?" and a recording says "Hold please."  Having to pee when you're really really sleepy.

What are your favorite things to shop for?
Scrapbooking supplies, hands down.  Quirky jewelry.  Books.  Gadgets.  Christmas gifts.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm sorry that you feel like you need to declare Friend Bankruptcy. I guess I don't know what else to say about that.