Tuesday, September 27, 2011

May 26 - June 5

Only 2940 burned yesterday. Gack. I did work on crafty stuff throughout the evening, which needs to get done, but I didn't leave enough time for an hour-long workout. We did watch The Playboy Club, though; not as delicious or soapy as I'd wanted, but it was entertaining enough. (Also, The Office is absolutely not the same without Michael. I kept thinking something was missing.)

What are the boldest things you have ever done?

(OK, first, I am absolutely NOT bold.)

Had my hair dyed red. Online-to-IRL dated. Wore fishnets. Sung a solo on the Maplewood stage. Told the unpleasant truth. Confronted the people.

What have been the highlights of your week?

Since last Tuesday...

1. Trip to StL...Moonrise suite...cupcakes...PJ20 documentary...having one of the best Bloody Marys of my life on the rooftop terrace after the show, overlooking the Loop...the BEST BED ever...4 oz. filet and boursin/basil/tomato ravioli room service...lovely crisp fall weather the day after...playing with Lucy Lu, Emz, and and Noah in Fitz's...Trader Joe's/Archiver's on the way home. Felt like a weekend in the middle of the week!

2. "Just Breathe" and "Better Man"--my two favorite Pearl Jams at the moment. I love being really excited about new music. It doesn't happen often for me.

3. Windows and doors open all the time in the apartment.

4. Trees are starting to change to red. Fields to golden brown.

5. I never thought I'd say this, but Jon Bones Jones beating Quentin Rampage Jackson, UFC, Saturday night. He's a beautiful fighter--all legs and arms. And bonus: not too much blood!

6. FINALLY got myself to the storage unit to unload 7-8 boxes that had been in our entryway area. So good to get rid of them!

7. Settling into a craft project and watching TV with Neil last night. It's looking good, I think!

8. The work session I just had with my boss. I'm excited about some things!

OK, that's all for now.


What allergies do you have?

Oh, probably some outdoor stuff, when the seasons change. Maybe ragweed or something. Also cats. If I have a cold already, I cannot *breathe* around cats. If I'm around them too much under normal circumstances, I have to constantly wash my hands because I pet them on account of the softness. I also have a slight dermatographic reaction when lightly scratched (like by a cat or a sliver of wood), if that counts.


What radio stations do you listen to?

Very few these days. Y107 or 92.7 when I'm in a Poppy mood...93.1 for random stuff like Milli Vanilli and Poison...and I try to find a jazz station when driving from StL. But mostly it's audiobooks and music cds in the car.


What are the first things you notice about people?

Their face and body. Pretty/cute? Slim/average/heavy? I don't judge, I just notice. Light eyes. Lustrous or otherwise interesting hair. Do they dress funny or fabulously? Smiles that catch you off-guard with their dazzle. Wedding ring? Cross around their neck? Visible tattoos?


What are your favorite magazines to read?

Scrapbooking ones as long as they aren't lame. EWeekly. GAMES! Organize [defunct]. Budget Living [defunct]. Rosie's [defunct]. Sassy and Jane (defunct, defunct). Us/OK (yes, I know. Judge away). Those having to do with household tips, as long as they aren't too kid-centered.


What are some difficulties and hardships you've overcome or are in the process of overcoming?

Depression, anxiety, SOCIAL anxiety, obesity, *chosen* isolation (if that makes sense...), collecting bordering on obsessions, trusting, holding grudges for too long, staying on task, becoming too attached, laziness.


What are arguments your parents had that you would try and avoid with your partner?

Interesting question, but pretty irrelevant. I've talked to Dad a lot about this. He and Mom didn't really fight. It's not that their relationship was perfect, but any disagreements I heard them have were small and playful. And I think any grievances they had needed to discuss, they did so privately or in therapy.


What are subjects you wish you knew more about?

There are plenty of things I'm ignorant of--history, current events, calculus, physics, to name a few--but I'm happily ignorant. I really don't want to stress about current events. That may make me shallow, but I know I'd obsess over it. I'd be one of those people who watched CNN or Fox News (oh god not fox news, never mind) all day. I have enough stresses; I'd like to use my free time to work on being happy.

So what DO I want to know more about? Other teams in baseball. The entertainment business (the juicy stuff). Gadgetry/technology. Cataloging procedures. Writing a novel. Therapeutic methods. Staying healthy.




(P.S. Google's birthday photo today is super lame. Like a sad party in a room dimly lit with fluorescents. We know they have better stuff up in there! C'mon, man.)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love trash magazines so so much. I very rarely let myself buy them, but get me in an airport and my arms are loaded up before you can pick up the bottle of water we were supposed to be coming in the store for :)

genevieve said...

Oh, you are SO RIGHT!! I look forward to airport-magazine-buying so hard. And yes, I always bring enough entertainment to keep me occupied so I won't have to...but then I always buy them anyway. Luckily (or unluckily) I'm on a mailing list that lets me get a bunch of these titles for free or something ridiculous like $2 a year, so that keeps me "informed." If you can call it that.

LilBear said...

Yay for crafting! I need to get back on the horse... again. I'm with you on being happily ignorant of current events- I was a wreck all week waiting for that dumb-ass satellite to fall. Wish I never would have heard about it.