Monday, September 26, 2011

May 21-May 25

I super need to burn some cals here, folx. (I'm trying a new abbreviation of "folks." Did it work?) All this week, my goal is to burn 3400 a day. Wish me luck!

What do you think are the most important values in a relationship or friendship?

Loyalty. Kindness. The ability to laugh together. Being present. Presents. (just kidding! kinda. GIMME PREZZIES!) Not taking one another for granted. Belief in one another. Support.

What are the last things you purchased?

Cabochons.

What are your favorite crayon colors?

EEEE! I love this one too!
I won't re-evaluate for Current Times, because I'd probably choose stuff like Olive Green and Burnt Sienna, which my 9-year-old self would be TOTALLY APPALLED BY. So.

Midnight Blue. Green-Blue (or Blue-Green. Whichever was the bluer one.) Sky Blue. Magenta. Red.

Oh, man...I'm forgetting other names now. I'm going to check and see if I missed any. Wikipedia to the rescuuuuuuuuue!

Whoa, they have Almond now?? Neat!
Um...Beaver? Hmm...
I was totally right about the Green-Blue. I always thought it was weird that THAT was the bluer one.
Oh CRAP, there's a Cerulean now? Blast! I always KNEW I would love that color after Jane Banks described it in a Mary Poppins book. Another blue, too.
Ha! "Chestnut" was renamed from "Indian Red." Way to be PC, Crayola!
Ugh, there are so many of these that I just hated. Cornflower Blue SUCKED.
Manatee?! how cute!
Ooh, Outer Space looks neat.
Plum--I liked it, but only when Red-Violet was not available. Not Violet-Red. Red-Violet was darker/purplier. I would have loved Royal Purple too, I think, if it was invented before 1990.
That Silver was so much more metallic, and satisfying, than the other metallic ones.

Wow, WTH? I have never identified myself as liking blue. Not once. At least, I really don't like plain blue. Denim blue. Watery, shallow blue. Ick.

That's it, I need Crayolas for scrapbooking. Definitely.


What are the foods you hate?

FISH FISH FISH FISH fish. And all other sea creatures.
Raisins, as you [should] know.
Cooked fruit. Cooked fruit in desserts, except apple stuff.
Cooked carrots.
Yams/sweet potatoes.
Zucchini in anything other than bread. All squashes. I can take pumpkin when it's pureed and baked into something sweet like a pie or bread.
Buckwheat anything.
Celery.
Twizzlers.
Black licorice. WHY YOU SO CUTE, ALL-SORTS?
Plain pork chops.
Lemon poppyseed bread/muffins. Leave out the lemon, people! Not that hard.
Mushrooms, in every way that exists.
Green peppers. Also red.
Currant-flavored candy. Blue raspberry flavored things.
Dr. Pepper. Mountain Dew. Root Beer.
Beef Jerky (the dry kind. Not Slim Jims!)
Rusty Nails. (the drink. Although I imagine actual rusty nails aren't too delicious either.)
Chardonnay.
Mixed juices, except Cran-Apple or Cran-Grape.
Tea--iced, sweet, hot, whatever. It's dirty water, y'all. Dirty, dirty water.
Yorkshire pudding. Baaaaad experience.
Mushy apples. Red Delicious and Jonathan also are never good.
Skim milk.
Artichoke hearts (but I'm nuts for the leaves. Go figger.)
Miracle Whip.
Packaged cheap sliced lunchmeat, like bologna or turkey or cotto salami. As opposed to fresher, thinly sliced meat. But still no cotto salami or bologna pleez.
White chocolate.
Dry clementines. Always a disappointing end to citrus season.
Sweet salad dressing.
Ranch dressing, with a few exceptions. Just not on a salad.
Ketchup on or in anything but hamburgers and fries.
Meatloaf.
Meatballs.
Bread pudding.
Dressing/stuffing.
The onions and crouton in French Onion Soup.
Vegetable soup.


Awright, I'll stop. I am afraid of how long I could go with this...

8 comments:

Julina said...

RE: crayons... I think I finally decided that their logic was based on whichever color was more dominant was listed second. Not sure why, but that's the only thing I could come up with. And I agree re: silver.

And also re: mushy apples. It depressed me a little to come back to the States from Japan (land of glorious, authentic Fuji apples, where to be huge did not equal flavorless) when the bag lunch I got from Delta (back before everything had an outrageous fee attached) had one of those crappy red delicious apples. I couldn't bring myself to touch it with my lips, much less eat it. Sigh. I still miss those "real" Fujis...

LilBear said...

Had to look up cabochons, which probably makes me hopelessly uncultured. Hell, I live in Central Florida. It is my destiny to be hopelessly uncultured.

I love nothing more than a new box of Crayola crayons. It was the best thing about teaching Kindergarten. Besides, you know, shaping minds and all that crap.

I agree with you on many food dislikes, especially FISH, although I have come around on meatballs in the last couple of years, and I'm down with mushrooms and iced tea. Also all white wine tastes like bile to me without exception.

Emily S. said...

I like "folx".... It works for me. But I'm a boat-rocker like that.

MIDNIGHT BLUE FOR SURE!!!!!! AGGGG! I loved that color!!

Tea IS dirty water. Gross.

I giggled at least three times in this post. I love you.

genevieve said...

Juli, I am SO GLAD someone besides me has thought about those danged crayon names! I wish I could try one of those Japanese Fujis...I wonder if anything we have in season even comes close?!

Linz--NO, not uncultured. I didn't know myself until they started being all the rage--they're those little molded plastic flowers. Also you're making me want Crayolas more and more.
I've come to the conclusion that I don't like any meat/breadcrumb combo. I wonder if meatballs always have breadcrumbs in them?
White wine used to be ALL I could drink--Riesling and Gerwurtztreminer (SERIOUS SP) specifically. I like red now though, except Malbec. Do you even do champers or moscato d'asti?

Em: THANX for FOLX validation! I like it.
I thought I was the only one who LUVVVVED Midnight Blue and never understood why no one else grabbed it first!
Love you back. :)

Shannon said...

i had to look up cobochon too!

i love you extra because you are the only possibly dislikes more food than me. :). it would be close, though.

genevieve said...

I got cabochon flowers in a ton of different colors. So excited!!

Shannon, I would love to hear what you hate!!

Julina said...

American Fuji's come close, but the Japanese ones were so BIG. And maybe it's 10 years of nostalgia, but I think they were still better in Japan. So were the "mandarin oranges" - the closest I've found are clementines, I'm not sure they're really the same, though. Also, "Asian pears" in the states make me sad.

Then again, I've been on a Japanese food kick the past few months, so this could be residuals from that... :)

LilBear said...

No champagne. Carbonated bile.

Also-- what are you going to DO with your cabochons?