Thursday, September 8, 2011

Life Listed, Apr.1 - April 17

So first of all, Blogger's apparently automatically doing this irritating-as-hell in-text advertising for everyone's blogger blogs, and it drives me nuts.  Enough so that I kind of want to change blog hosts.  But we'll see.  I've done some research and no one else is bitching about it--even though I DID find an article about blog advertising saying "before you agree to in-text advertising, please be aware that it's the most annoying kind."  YEAH, GOT IT.  Apparently I have no control over it though. 


What are your favorite board games?

(For April 1st?  Really?  No "What's the best prank you've ever pulled?"  "How gullible are you?"  Get with it, Life Listed.)

Trivial Pursuit... Celebrity, even though no board is required... Telestrations... Encore... Password... Sorry... If Magic counts, then Magic... Cranium

Where are the best places you have traveled?

NYC!  Los Angeles.  Seattle.  Chicago.  Des Moines.  Bath, UK.  Door County, WI.  Orlando.   Madison, WI.  London, sometimes.  A cemetery in Paris.

Where are unusual places you have taken a nap?

I'm not an easy napper, so not many.  At work I've managed to accustom myself to sleeping on a yoga mat on the floor, though...on my stomach with a couple small pillows and a pashmina for cover.

What causes do you strongly believe in?

I haven't really gotten into any.  I haven't made the time or money for it. 

Which type of person do you hate the most?

Oooh.  Attention whores.  Moochers.  Passive-aggressives.  Hypochondriacs.  Needies.  Meanies.  Fake-happies.  The constant critic.  Fair-weather friends.

What vehicles have you owned?

1988 gray Dodge Caravan; 1995 white Toyota Tercel; 2007 cactus pearl Toyota Corolla.  I'm done with Toyotas after this one.

What are your favorite beers?

No beers ever.  They taste like vomit.  Woodpecker Cider's awesome, though.  And Woodchuck.

What talent do you wish you'd been born with?

Musical.  Artistic/crafty.  Creativity.

Which web sites do you visit daily?

Erm...these are starting to sound similar...
Facebook, Gmail, Google Reader, Twitter

What are the worst pick-up lines you've ever heard?

A note taped to my door asking if I want to be friends with benefits with a box for Yes or No.  A pencil was also included.  

Which musical instruments do you (wish you could) play?

Piano, but mostly drums.

What are your favorite Disney movies?

Sleeping Beauty, Mary Poppins, and Little Mermaid.  I don't like when they get sad, like Dumbo or Bambi or Fox and the Hound.  And I don't like much action.

Who have been your favorite and worst roommates?

Favorites: Neil, Whitney Hicks at NYU, Zanne and Karen at Door County
Worst: Ex-boyf, Niki at Grinnell, Erica Fera at Arrow Rock 

What are things that no one knows about you?

Yikes!  Okay, well, there's no way I'm putting my deepest darkest here.  I'll just treat it like normal trivia!

Man, this is tough.  I'm pretty much an open book for things like this.  If I haven't told people already, I've probably written it here somewhere.

I take all the soaps and freebies from hotel rooms so I can donate them to local homeless shelters, but I never get around to it so they just accumulate.

I get extremely jealous over little things (for multiple friends/family), but I try really hard to hide it.

I will never do karaoke, but I know I would have a freaking blast with it.  I have fantasies about it.  Generally in the car.


Let's call it a day.  Whew. 

No comments: