Friday, May 20, 2011

Will that damned song forever come to mind on Fridays??

Day 4 went swimmingly, despite skipping lunch again and grocery-shopping after work.

Viva La Juicy scent, copper/silver stretchy bracelets from the Getty gift store, and copper-wired blue sparkly flower earrings from ABC, of which I have already lost one. Oh well. No necklace because my shirt has metal spangles on the neck line.

I'm watching the director's commentary of "Amelie" now and I keep giggling. Jeunet is so damned funny. I'm not a crazy fan of the movie itself, but I want to watch all his commentaries now.

He talks about the actor playing Amelie's love interest, and says "It is a tragedy because he doesn't work much. He is lazy. It all comes so easy for him. I am jealous--I hate him, in fact." and then, reassuring..."I am keeding."

On Audrey Tatou, the first day of filming. "Look at her 'aircut. She eez ugly. Like a cat....like a VET CAT."

"Filming in France is very deeficult because zee people...are mean. One time zis guy on the street said 'Fuck de cinema!' and would not move. We had to wait for him. One hour." "Don't come to Paris. It is miserable for zee French. Dog sheet all over" and then, a few moments later: "I like Paris. Iz very nice."

"I told dees woman to 'av low IQ for the scene. Her IQ was too high and I tell her to have a low IQ. And she did! She was so stupid! She was like a bird. In the scene."

When Amelie trades the foot cream for toothpaste: "Like all zee director in the world, I 'ave some very bad critics sometimes and I remember I had very very bad critic in France for the City of Lost Children and I remember I wanted to keel dis guy. And I imageened revenge, and that's the revenge I thought for him. But it's better to put in a film. Ob-vyooz-lee." ('obviously'--three syllables. SO FREAKING CHARMING!)

Okay, I'll stop for now. My lunch hour is up.

1 comment:

LilBear said...

Love French accents. Love them so much.

Ob-vyooz-lee.