Monday, May 23, 2011

Okay, sunny mornings aren't SO bad when it's 63 degrees outside.

Days5-7 were absolutely good, and my weigh-in this morning reflected a solid week adhering to the new rules. Woo woo!

AND I have a quiche for breakfast today, which totally started my Monday morning off right. I know I'll need a nap (too keyed up last night to get to sleep before 1 in the AM), but I'm very content right now.

The weekend was good, too. I finished editing Dad's manuscript, saw Lily and my gorgeous yoga instructor Melissa dance at the annual recital, returned things to three stores (and in the exchange process, got a bunch of Fiestaware on clearance), made a quiche, and enjoyed a crazy storm while safely inside on Sunday evening. Neil and I watched a lot of Metallica (Hetfield is almost 50! Holy what?!!) performing with the San Francisco Symphony, and there was a lot of cuddling. I booked two mini-trips--one next weekend to see my lovely, lovely friend Shannon in Illinois (girl, you need to give me a Plans tutorial while I'm with you. I don't know how to navigate there!), and one over the 4th of July weekend to meet our fabulous friends Ben and Candice in StL to see Eddie Vedder at the Fox. Neil and Candice are obsessed, so I suspect Ben and I will commiserate about our Pearl Jam widow/widower status the whole time. :) If only he scrapbooked!

The next month and a half is gonna be nutso. But in a good way.

May 27-29: St Louis/Mt Carmel IL

June 4: Yoga, Art in the Park, massage; June 5: BIRTHDAY WOOOOOO

June 8-9: MOBIUS Conference in Columbia

June 10: Begin driving after work toward North Carolina

June 11-13: Spend time with Morgan in Asheville and Joe and his girl in Chapel Hill

June 13-17: Beach house at Oak Island, NC with the Dazets [Mark's wedding on the 15th]

June 24: Sarah's bachelorette party in swingin' Boonville, MO; June 25: Sarah's bridal shower

July 1-3: StL for concert and Good Times

....and then it should settle down some until Sarah's wedding on August 13. I'd love to see her in Enid before that, though; we'll see.

Today: usual shower scent, big antigued-gold beads and ribbony necklace, light olive green smooth rock bracelet and tiny-green-rock bracelet (yeah, two at once. I AM A FASHION ICON), no earrings even though my hair is currently still wet and up in a claw. It will be down eventually though. i think. AND....[drum roll]....NO BOOT! I switched to kinesiology tape after a co-worker recommended it, and I think I'm getting the tips and tricks down to master this technique successfully. If my foot's still hurting just as bad at the end of this week, though, I'll have to take the prednisone. That's so not good for my upcoming plans, but I'll survive.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

love me some kines. tape. one of my students asked me if i thought i was misty may one day when i had my shoulder all taped to hell.
caNOT wait to see you.