Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Life Listed, Feb 3- Feb 14

Who are your next door neighbors?

Across the way--a German or Russian family. Totally sweet, always says "Hello" in accented tones. Has a new baby that doesn't seem to cry a lot.

Below: Horrible Nick and family. I'd rather not talk about them.

Everyone else: ??

How are you the same person you were as a child?

I like lying on my belly and reading or doing puzzly games. I'm scared of a LOT of things, and if I get scared by something, it stays in my mind as fresh as that first moment for years. I love driveways and mild gray days. Simon and Garfunkel comfort me. There's nothing like being in a car at night--preferably a longish trip with someone else at the wheel. I can always watch Mary Poppins.

What are some reasons you would get up early on a Saturday?

Farmer's Market. Garage sales. Start or continue a road trip. Scrapbook shopping! Seeing babies. Last Saturday, it was to watch the train wreck that was Pioneer Woman on the Food Network.

Where do you want to visit before you die?

I DO NOT LIKE the 'die' questions. So I'll just answer this as if it said "Where do you want to visit that you've never been before?"

Egypt and the Pyramids.... Hawaii... a scrappy cruise... Scrapfest... Charleston... San Diego... Portland... Italy... Greece... Cincinnati... Colonial Williamsburg... a zipline somewhere amazing... southern France... Petrified Forest... wine country... Toronto... Prince Edward Island...

What are false rumors someone has spread about you?

Wow, yikes. I guess...not many? That I know of? OOOH I do remember that once in 6th grade or so, we kept having feuds, and once it was Betsy and Megan against me, Sarah, and Alena. They put a love note in a boy's cubby, saying "I have a crush on you, love Betsy" or something, and then told the teachers that *we* put it in there. Just to get us in trouble. it was evil! But not really a rumor, I guess. Never mind.

What are things that gross you out?

So many things. Slugs, dead snakes, hanging/dangling snakes/worms, that one picture of a crocodile and snake that no one should NEVER EVER SEE, boogers, stray long hairs (especially black ones), Lamisil commercials (Who needs to see an infected toe OMG!!!!), blood and gore, dirty floors behind toilets, normal things like B.O./bad breath/vomit...

What are your favorite youtube videos?

Anything with Adam Lambert or Steve Dawson.

How did your parents spoil you as a child?

They definitely didn't spoil me in traditional ways. But they spent a LOT of time with me, which I'm learning to see isn't always the case with my peers, and my peers with kids. A lot of you are awesome, but there are some who just disgust me with their negligence.

What are your topmost ambitions in life?

To be happy, at home, at work, and in play. Eliminate debts and stress when possible.

And let's end with a weird one...especially weird for Valentine's Day--

What are your favorite salad toppings?

Cheese, oil/vinegar, salt and pepper, onion (or I could just say "SALAD THE WAY DAD MAKES IT!!")...occasionally Caesar or bleu cheese dressing. Always Olive Garden dressing. Sometimes broccoli and carrots, sometimes salami, olives. Never croutons, never bacon bits, NEVER cucumbers, NEVER EVER EVER fruit. Fruit does not belong on a salad, period.



No comments: