Sunday, March 29, 2009

What to do when uninspired...what to do, what to do...

I again find myself in a place where I want to write...but nothing's coming to me.

So, from PoliBlog, which is about Political Science, begging the question what the hell was *I* doing there...

I've never:

1. Seen a horror movie (unless you count "Sixth Sense." I don't.)

2. Owned an expensive purse (unless you count the Esprit & Liz Claiborne junior-high models)

3. Drunk a full serving of beer

4. Been to New Orleans, Boston, Toronto, Orlando, Egypt, or Trader Joe's (and I want to!)

5. Run a full mile (unless it was in summer gym many moons ago when we'd do it once a week and I got better and better at it. But I think I still walked for a bit of the last one.)

6. Been seriously injured (The thumb was inconvenient and painful, but not really a big deal)

7. Liked makeup, hair-doing, jewelry/accessories, designer duds, etc. the way girls are supposed to (but I don't consider myself a tomboy)

8. Been comfortable in the dark

9. Read Crime & Punishment, East of Eden, or A Tale of Two Cities all the way through.
I'm sorry, all you fantastic Honors English teachers! Clearly I didn't deserve to be in your classes...

10. Played a game of Balderdash. And I never want to.



Lately, I...

1. Brush my teeth every night before bed. Yee-haw!

2. Have really been pondering selfishness, in myself and others

3. Am wondering if I need to step it up a bit

4. Stop myself from thinking 'what would happen if things keep getting worse?' (in the world/economy/etc.)

5. Wish I didn't cry so easily

6. Am surprised at how little time I have to take control over my life...it is slipping away every day, leaving messes and undone errands and obligations in its wake

7. Hope I am a good enough friend

8. Have been drinking my Recommended Daily Water Intake of at least eight 8-oz glasses

9. Have wild thoughts of de-cluttering every little thing I've hung onto over the years. I'm too sentimental!

10. Believe greener pastures are on the horizon.


That was kinda therapeutic!

And now for more of a fun, less thought-provoking one...

1.What is in the back of your car?
From memory: A big umbrella with Caillebot's Paris: A Rainy Day printed on it; a huge army-green cd-holder with rivets that I keep all my audiobooks in; two littler cd-cases, gray and purple, with Harry Potter 5 in them; two containers of Windex wipes (one is a generic brand); a big red ice-scraper/brush combo that looks tough but is surprisingly ineffective; a hook I hang on the back of the driver's seat to hold grocery bags. I think that's it.

2.What color is your toothbrush?
It's white with blue accents. And it's running low on batteries.

3.Name one person who made you smile today.
Neil, all groggy!

4.What were you doing at 8:00 AM?
Just getting up to an icky brightly-lit, melted-snow world.

5. What were you doing 45 minutes ago?
Looking at Memes, or doing the one up above this one.

6. What is your favorite candy?
Chocolate: Smarties from England (NOT those nasty-ass powdery things in plastic lame people hand out at Halloween)
Fruity: Chewy SweetTarts (apple...grape...cherry...and lemonade. I love them ALL. I never know which one to save for last.)

7. What is the last thing you said aloud?
"Thank you"...I think

8. What is the best ice cream flavor?
Vermonty Python. And I think it's being phased out. :(

9. What is the last thing you had to drink?
I'm drinking one mother of a thing of water right now. It's been Brita'ed.

10 What are you wearing right now?
Black boot-cut pants, a dark reddish-orange pullover v-neck, undies, socks that say "The Joy of Sox," and my Danskos are kicked off underneath my desk.

11. What is the last thing you ate?
A sugar-free Andes. Better than you'd think (though not the same as the real thing)

12. Have you bought any new clothes this week?
Yes, just last night.

13. When was the last time you ran?
Earlier this week, for like four seconds.

14. What was the last sporting event you watched?
With any interest--last night's exciting Elite Eight game, Mizzou vs. Connecticut. But Neil was watching the US-El Salvador soccer game after, so technically my eyes rested on that one last.

15. Ever go camping?
Have I ever? Sure. Mark Twain lake. (Now, 'would I ever again' is an entirely different question. Do you guys know what HORSEFLIES are???)

16. Do you have a tan?
Nope.

17. Do you take vitamins daily?
We take Fiber Choice some nights before bed, and mine has a multivitamin in it.

18. Do you go to church?
No, no.

19. Do you like Chinese food more than pizza?
No, although I had some good noodles last night.

20. Do you drink your soda with a straw? out in a glass?
With a straw if it's in ice. In a glass when it's convenient.

21. Are you someone?s best friend?
I hope so, yes!

22. What are you doing tomorrow?
Mondays are my long work-day: Jeff City 7:15-5:45, then Stephens for three hours after. Not looking forward to it! I've actually started to count down how many Mondays I have left. They're fairly torturous.

23. Where is your dad?
Hm, I'd say at home working on something or other, but he may be at Home Depot or Lowe's or Gerbes or Schnucks. He's completely unpredictable!

24. Can you say the alphabet backwards?
I think so.

25. Do you have a maid service clean your home?
No, it was always weird having a housekeeper around. I felt guilty.

26. Do you have a favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
Not really. I love my Keens, but they're lace-up and won't do when I want the freedom to slip on or off shoes. And I don't really like wearing socks, so flip-flops are next up. While I haven't yet found a pair I love above all else, I do have reasons for loving every pair I own.
It's a Catch-22 to have a favorite pair of shoes, because if you're wearing them all the time, they get worn out/grimy faster, so they can't be your favorites for very long.

27. What color is your car?
Cactus Pearl. NOT what I was expecting.

28. How do you like your popcorn?
I don't go out of my way to eat popcorn. If I must, though, it has to be flavored: cheesy, caramelly, peanut-buttery, etc.

29. How did you get your worst scar?
I have a scar somewhere on the back of my head from when I split open my head playing Mario Brothers, but I've never seen it. My second worst is a small white dot on my chest from the Pox.

30. Look to your left. What do you see?
Which way is left...okay...an expanse of fake-wood desk. My Sak purse. My orange baroque market tote on an ugly 70s orange wood/winyl padded chair. An office door leading to a long, dark hallway of books.

31. What color is your watch?
I don't wear a watch right now. I miss watches.

32. What do you think of when you think of Australia?
Dame Edna. Hugh Jackman. The Bush. How that old dude on "Home and Away" (a horrid Aussie soap they show in London) always said "floymin'" as an adjective, like "You floymin' kids have no idea what you've gotten us into!" I assumed he was saying "flaming."

33. Do you use chap stick?
Generally multiple times a day.

34. Do you have a dog?
No, I wish. Every time I see a little dog flopping along the sidewalk I die a little inside.

35. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Neil? Yes, Neil.

36. Have you met anyone famous?
Kind of...I talked to Anthony Rapp in London after Rent, and I spoke to Edward Albee when I stage-managed his appearance at Jesse. And I had to converse with a SUPER UNPLEASANT Dave Attell when I worked his show. But I guess I've never been in a situation where someone says "Genny, this is my friend Steve Guttenberg." I DID get a message from Arye Gross on Facebook after I wrote him. Does that count? Probably not.

37. Any plans today?
I work late-ish today, til 6 or 7. After that, I really want to work up the energy to clean the house a bit. We'll see how that goes.

38. How many states have you lived in?
MO, IA, IL, NY....Four!

39. Do you dye your hair?
Not at the moment. But I have. Red is a surprising match for me. I may do it again sometime.

40. Do you like cats?
Uhm...I like kittens because they're cute and silly. But I'm, for one, severely allergic to cats, and two...they're so BITCHY. I can appreciate a pet who doesn't live for the moment their owner comes home, but come on, don't act like you're all BETTER than me.



Okay, I think it's time for some buckling-down. Happy Sunday, everybody!

No comments: