Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Favorite Girl, and other things

1. It is unfailingly funny to me when people use the term "son" in an ironic fashion. Like, whenever two dudes are talking. Even if they're frat boys! I don't know why.

2. When I think about the upcoming NKOTB concert I finally have tickets for (YAYYYY! by the way), the song title in this blog is invariably in my head. Even though I never really liked it. It's Jordan, after all.

3. We have 8 bags of half-eaten chips on our table from the guys who think people won't eat anything else at parties. Come on, folks, where are the lettuce wraps?




4. I was up until approx. 5:30 this morning/last night, but forced myself to get up after about 6 hours because I do NOT want to start the summer sleeping til noon each day.

5. This firebrand guy on Twitter is diggity-DANG hilarious. How'd you find him, em? Is he a Twitter Legend or somethin'?

6. I need to find some salt & vinegar pork rinds. Stat.

7. I read 60 pages of my manuscript last night....yay for productivity! It isn't horrible, so far.

8. I have a secret. I do online surveys for money, and every time, they swear us to secrecy about the content of the survey. But I *cannot* hold it in any longer. GRANOLA BARS!!! HGTV!!!! DIGITAL CAMERAS!!!! WASP REPELLENT!!!!

9. Speaking of, I killed a flying bug in our home today. Without Neil's help! I am officially a Woman.

10. On Wednesday, we received another Undeclared Netflix. I returned it, unwatched, to get the next 90210 DVD. I feel guilty about that. And by the way, my queue on there takes for-e-ver to load.

11. I signed up for this "Fly Lady" daily e-mail I learned of in "Organize" magazine (OMG, you guys, that's the best magazine since Budget Living!), but now I'm afraid to check my Yahoo account because instead of getting one email a day or so from her, there're now days and days of fifty e-mails a day from it.

12. I don't have to work again for two months! And Dad's making steak for us on Thursday. Woo-woo!

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

#1. I found that firebrand guy through then Fern chick... and I don't know, but I'm guessing he IS a Twitter legend. But he makes me LAUGH and LAUGH.

#2. I have the Flylady link and have had it since the fall... but I have not signed up for her yet for the very reason you avoid your inbox. But I could see myself using the system in a couple of months...

#3. Don't dog my Jordan.

#4. It was fun to chatty chat today.

Bye!