Monday, January 24, 2011

Wasting my TIME!

Neil and I have been suuuuuper productive lately. We've almost completely cleared out the second bedroom so he can use it as his Space, and are in the process of building up my Craft Area so I won't have to dig through tubs every time I want to find the adorable vintage pointy-finger stamp Linz got me for Christmas.

We are SOOOOO excited! I've had a craft area before, but it wasn't very organized, and it took up half the living room...and I didn't use it as often as I meant to. But I'm approaching this Area with a new sense of de-cluttering, having done research again and again for what systems work the most for scrapbookers. And, after two trips to IKEA, I am finally ready to go! I'm so looking forward to building the new shelves and carefully planning what papers and binders and embellishments go in what area. The goals are Accessibility and Relative Attractiveness. I also know that as I get into all my stuff, I will be letting go of things along the way--always a satisfying feeling.

SO. In that vein...I've deleted most of my computer games I waste hours and hours on. No more Cities of Wonder, no more Bejeweled, no more WordTwist, PathWords, or Scramble. (I'm keeping Scrabble, because that's actual - virtual - interaction with friends and family.) Even watching a DVR'ed episode of Biggest Loser will make me feel more productive (and more inspired!) than two hours of mindless clicking on my cities to retrieve the goods or population.

I've always had an affinity for games, but I'm really going to try and do without the ones that I play alone, and devote that free time to reading or crafting. Or EVEN exercising (though a very, very nice aspect of low-carb/Atkins is that no exercise is required in order to lose scads of weight). But I suppose it can't *hurt*...

2 comments:

LilBear said...

You are good. I don't have the computer game problem now, although Roller Coaster Tycoon may or may not have been a major factor in the termination of my first marriage. It was just a tad more interesting than he was. Now my guilty pleasure is listening to the police scanner, but luckily I can do that while being semi-productive!

"bolysess" SO close to saying "boyless." Eep!

Shannon said...

but bejeweled misses you.