Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 22

Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.

I wanted to blog this morning, but I just stared at the prompt and didn't know what to write. It kind of haunted me all day, in fact.

I think my biggest regret was wasting nine months of my life living in Urbana, Illinois. Absolutely, positively wasted.

Some good came of it; I think it's probably what made me pack up and move to NYC, and I certainly don't regret that. But...living in Urbana was the worst period of my life. It was taking what was a depressing situation and magnifying it a hundred times, and dragging what could have taken a few months to get over into almost a year. It affected almost all my relationships, and not in good ways.

Wish I'd listened to my parents on this one.



No comments: