Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Um.

So I was flipping through the Fall TV Preview issue of EW (oh...who am I kidding? I don't 'flip through' any magazine. It's cover to cover, all the way, even slogging through the music reviews...which is why I'm three weeks behind), and it showed a little headshot of a familiar-looking character in a new BBCAmerica show, "Skins." I was all, "Dude, that guy looks just like the kid from 'About a Boy'! By gosh, I think it is the kid from 'About a Boy'! All growed up."


So I looked him up. Nicholas Hoult, there he was!

Aww:



And then...as I continued looking at the images Google gave me...not-so-aww:



What?? When did these cute little kids turn into faux-heartthrobs?? That's right, people--faux. He sings "Shake ya ass/Watch yourself" in an endearingly silly woolen cap! He doesn't lift his shirt to suggestively show off his abs!!

I swear, this is just as wrong as when ginger-haired geeky-cute little Ronald Weasley began to get muscley. Or how people are calling Neville Longbottom hot now.



(Yeah. That's him.)

This isn't right! And I'm going to stop it!

Who's with me?


{P.S. In other disillusionment news: it's been a crappy Anne week. A certain navel-gazing blogger let us know of a new movie in the works where Anne is mourning Gilbert's death (WHA...???) and later finds out unsavory secrets about her birth parents (I call B.S., this was totally covered in the books), and also, it was announced that L.M. Montgomery killed herself. This is the 100th anniversary year, people! Why does everyone have to go and ruin the perfection??}

{P.P.S. Sorry about the proliferation of italics. My thoughts are really passionate today. I am incensed!}

No comments: