Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Freakishly Productive Day, Considering

I can't believe how motivated I was today. I felt like I had to keep going and going...not through any sense of obligation, but because I wanted to feel satisfied by doing so. I wish that happened more often! I'd probably burn a crapload more calories.

Here's what I did, after working 5 hours this morning:

>Peeled, washed, and PICKLED 27 eggs. Also some sausages. I know....weird, right? But they're so expensive to buy, and I'm so Susie Homemaker these days, so why not? I even have pickling spices and pickling salt!

>
Loaded, unloaded, and reloaded the dishwasher.

>Made turkey burgers for dinner, with Oopsie rolls...another good experience with those. I'm religious about my turkey burger toppings: regular mustard and hamburger dills...not those long sandwich pickles that all the kids are eating these days. The little bright green rounds. That's it. Thank you, cleochatra, for bringing Oopsies to my life!

>Put in an hour or so of ChaCha work.

>Our DVR is getting full, so I was determined to eliminate. I watched and got rid of NKOTB on The Today Show (eh. But, I've never heard Jon talk as much as he did there); Stephenie Meyer on Ellen (double eh. She was only on there to give away her books. She's not even fun!); last week's Hills; Desperate Housewives (THIS SEASON IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!); Rock the Reception (hey, gimme a break, Poison was going to show up); and the series premiere of Privileged. Which completely rocked. So much so, that I went online and watched the next two episodes. Holy Gilmore, it was like being in Emily and Richard's house again, complete with a sassy heroine, her innocent-looking charge, and somewhat inappropriate commentary. Rienne, you should totally try it!

>Deposited three checks...I know this doesn't sound like much of a chore, but for some reason, like getting gas, I never like doing it. I put it off as long as possible.

>Got Trevor's address to re-send his invite. You can hear him fairly shrieking in his messages.

>Pre-prepared the kitchen for tomorrow's pot roast, probably my current favorite dinner. The crock pot, skillet, onion, and garlic are out and ready, and the actual meat is thawing in the sink.

>Took a shower the night before! I hardly ever do that, even though I always think I should. Tomorrow morning won't be a flurry of 'crap crap crap I have so much to do'!

>Packed some scrapbooking supplies away, and moved all the boxes in the bedroom away from the bed. It's a pet peeve, if you must know.

>Talked to Lily for a bit, who has picked out the cutest, cutest, retro-ish dress for the wedding.

>Okay, so I'm not going to bed before eleven. Or midnight. Or maybe even one, as it's seven til right now. But I'm going now. I swear!

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

PHEW!!! Wow! I'm amazed. Especially about remembering to thaw the meat. I ALWAYS for get that. Dummy me.

And I was thinking of giving "Privileged" a try... You're getting me closer.

Yay for such a full, good day!