Thursday, June 20, 2013

A blog-question-meme to get my ass kicked in gear.

50 Questions! From Buzzingfridge.


1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?

"Oh good, the cami hides the bra that was showing through."



2. How much cash do you have on you?

Like $60? Just took some out yesterday.



3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR?

Boor.  This is dumb.


4. Favorite planet?

Also dumb.  But I always liked Venus.



5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?

I think Walgreens? Is that a person?

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?

I have only one I use and it is jazzy.

7. What shirt are you wearing?

The aforementioned cami (white with lacy straps) and a crinkly black and white floral number with scattered black sequins. Not my favorite.

8. Do you label yourself?

Sure. None very flattering.

9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?

Reef.

10. Bright or Dark Room?

Bright with lamps. No overheads.

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?

I don't know them. They seemed smart.

12. What does your watch look like?

It looks like nothing. But I got a Fossil a few years ago.  It's metallic yellow and schweeeet.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night?

I think I was asleep by then.  Fitzy curled into my side.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?

"The past 6 months have been ugly for sure."

15. Where is your nearest 7-11?

I think there's one near St. Marks.  And one down 4th.  I think it's funny that they're in NYC.

16. What's a word that you say a lot?

Like. I wish I didn't.  But I get so nervous talking.

17. Who told you he/she loved you last?

Neil, this morning.

18. Last furry thing you touched?

Charlie, I think.  Either that or Fitzy. Does my hair count?

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?

How many? I take four daily meds. So that many.

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?

How old is this freaking survey??

21. Favorite age you have been so far?

That's a tough one.  I don't fear getting older nor do I live for the past.  But I can't say I have a favorite.


5 was pretty good. We got to go over the fence to the empty lot at Children's House.

22. Your worst enemy?

You want like a name? I really dislike this girl at work, does that count? In the history of the world...well, that would take some thinking.

23. What is your current desktop picture?

Milky Way galaxy, I think.  It was the default on my work Mac.

24. What was the last thing you said to someone?

"That's a weird one"--to someone from marketing who asked about what to put on a promo.

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?

Flying, because I wouldn't have to pay for transportation hardly.  And that could really add up.

26. Do you like someone?

Sure do!

27. The last song you listened to?

Oh man. It's been awhile.  I never listen to music here!  Maybe "Eye of the Tiger" from the Jon Snow workout montage Neil forwarded? I'm not counting TV theme songs.

28. What time of day were you born?

After 8:00 am (but before 9). I need to find out the exact time again.

29. What’s your favorite number?

7 or 9. But I'm not obsessive about it.

30. Where did you live in 1987?

In the Dawson Family Home.  I was ten.  Hadn't struck out on my own quite yet.

31. Are you jealous of anyone?

Oh yes.  Yes.

32. Is anyone jealous of you?

Maybe? I would be amazed. But I can't say No for sure.

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?

Working at UMC. Ellen came to my desk and told me.  I'd just gotten back from there a month previous and I knew so many people still there.  I thought it was an accident.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?

It just almost ruins my day.

35. Do you consider yourself kind?

I wish I was, but no.  Not in the deepest places of my heart and soul. I try really hard to BE kind and caring, though.

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?

On my inside wrist.

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?

I think Spanish would be the most helpful.

38. Would you move for the person you loved?

I think so. But not to, like, Arkansas.

39. Are you touchy feely?

With members of the opposite sex.  I'll hug my girls hello/goodbye but that's pretty much it.

40. What’s your life motto?

I don't....have one?  Be thoughtful?
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?

Chapstick, iphone, lotion

42. What’s your favourite town/city?

NYC

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?

Hmm.  Qdoba in St. Louis? Maybe a bottled water at the airport? And chewy Sweet Tarts! I can't remember if I paid cash or debit for that.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?

I wrote Dad a quick note last month with my Sprint payment.

45. Can you change the oil on a car?

I cannot.

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?

That there is a memorial scholarship in his name at Columbia Independent School.

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?

Not super far.  Dad's side is from England or Scotland.  Mom's is from Sweden and there's a Native American in there.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?

I guess to Pippin?  Not that fancy, but sequins and a sheer black shirt.  I tried to wear black jeweled flats but TOO MUCH RAIN.

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?

My lower-side back.  I need to get to my fantastic chiropractor.

50. Have you been burned by love?

Seriously who hasn't?




END OF FIFTY QUESTIONS MEME.
I didn't love it.  So here's another one. Also from Buzzingfridge.


1) Ten years ago I was...

Hm.  June 2003.  Working at UMC as a registrar.  I think I was dating a lot because I'd been on Atkins since November 2002.  I think. Living on Stewart Rd., close enough to work so I could walk.

2) Five things on today's to-do list:

1. Get passport form printed off from website
2. Finish proofing this torturous pile of tedious promos (and other work stuff, but I don't need to get into that.)
3. Unload our tiny dishwasher
4. Make a move to fully unpack last weekend's suitcase/travel bag
5. Eat dinner from stuff at home

3) Things I'd do if I were a billionaire:


Move to the suburbs and get a car.  But stay near NYC. I hate this question so nothing else.

4) Three bad habits:

1. Biting hangnails/skin around my fingernails
2. Not reading magazines we get regularly
3. Overthinking every single thing on earth

5) Five places I've lived:

Working backwards...

1. Brooklyn (Kensington)
2. Columbia (5 locations)
3. Manhattan (Union Square)
4. Urbana (yuk)
5. Countryside, IL (Chicago suburb)

6) Six jobs I've had in my life:


Again, working backwards:

1. Proofreader
2. Freelance copyeditor
3. Reports Coordinator (VUHL)
4. Reference/cataloging librarian
5. Freelance reviewer (Harlequin)


UGH THAT WAS BORING TOO.  Oh well.


1 comment:

LilBear said...

You are doing it! OK, I'm going to be brave and do it, too. Memes are always a nice way to start, and this one is not too scary, so I will try it. :)