Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ideas are rampant...

...but free time is not. I have a list in my planner (I am SORT OF REGULARLY keeping up with a planner, you guys!! Can you believe it? It's only taken 32 years!) of 'things I want to blog about,' (y'all, I still need to recap our NKOTB concert! I started it, but life got in the way) but until I choose to make time to cover those topics, it'll be more of this:

Ten things about the last 24 hours that didn't suck

1. Kicked some ACE last night drumming, with Neil on guitar, on Guitar Hero World Tour. I love that it's a game about collaborating to get through the level, rather than competing against each other! (And I'm totally competitive, so this is a coup for me.)

2. Made a delicious, filling, and VERY WW-friendly dinner last night: soft tacos with seasoned ground turkey, fat-free refried beans (with chiles & lime), reduced fat sour cream, WW shredded cheese, taco sauce, and fresh salsa. I should make this a staple--I love it every time. And I have no desire for *anything else* all evening when I make it!

3. Neil got up with me this morning, which is always so darling. I love having his impossibly smiley face around before I leave for work!

4. I found Chris Harrison's Twitterfeed, Jillian's blog, and Chris' EW blog this morning. Yay for juicy Bachelorette inside scoops! (Sorry to see Reid go, but at least the Men Tell All is next week!)

5. I've been slogging away at this miserable cart of materials at work...a cart that I thought would take me maybe half a day, escalated into almost a full week. Ugh ugh ugh. But this morning, I finished it with a flourish, and strolled it over for processing.

6. Another work-related pleasantry: I'd been putting off my boss' suggestion to e-mail this cataloging list-serv for advice on a quandary we're having on Dewey numbers, because I was afraid I'd get back negative or condescending responses from some of the more pompous catalogers. I finally bit the bullet and posted this morning, and within half an hour, received five very nice and helpful pieces of advice (and only one slightly douchey e-mail). I forwarded the best idea to my boss, she loved it, and something I was dreading for weeks has suddenly been resolved.

7. I fully and completely updated my planner today. I mentioned above I only *sorta* keep up with it, so when I get my act together and update everything, it feels good.

8. Fake WW is going awesome--I'm not hungry, I'm not yearning for anything horrible for me, and I've made a resolution to stick with this every day until our StL/Chicago trip next month, when I'll take a couple days off (there ain't nothing at Portillo's you can get and stay within points allowance).

9. It's Bastille Day, which always reminds me of the Place de la Bastille, where my hostel was in Paris. Which was actually a shitty, rainy little trip, but it did have its moments. Pere Lachaise was my favorite.

10. My car needs its plates renewed at the end of this month, which has turned into a big dumb hassle since there's a big crack in my windshield, and during the inspection, the people reported that my alignment was all off--which I could totally feel on the highway every day. Because of this, my tire treads were rubbed slick, 20,000 miles before they were really supposed to be replaced. SO, this month we'll need to have all four tires replaced, my alignment fixed, my windshield replaced, the car inspected, and the plates renewed. I made an appointment today for the windshield replacement, and everything else is almost ready to be taken into the DMV...so this source of irritation is *almost* over.

*bonus* 11. Facilities finally visited my cubicle area to check on the vent, and indeed, it was 'up a little high.' So maybe I won't get so warm each afternoon, yay!



Hm...my desk is pretty dusty. Time to get out the can of air! (LOVE those things!)

No comments: